First few weeks with the '08 R32
By Mark L on
2008 Volkswagen R32 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)
First off, I am a 43 year old fun car junkie with a family. The Corvette has to wait till the kids leave. This is one cool car in the meantime. Looks different, lots of fun to drive. Not as fast as an EVO or STI, but so much more upscale and solid, still plenty fast enough though. My first AWD car, I have had both FWD and RWD, don't like FWD, like RWD, and now I also really like AWD. I have always owned a standard manual transmission so the DSG was an experiment, very very cool, I may never go back. Extremely linear power delivery, sounds cool while doing it to. Only have a few tanks on it so far, gas mileage is about 19 in mixed driving and no abuse since it's still not broken in.
Favorite Features
The DSG is the best. Lots of nice little details in the feature department. Great blue/white/red dash lighting. Very nice steering wheel. Nice linear power. Great sound. Did I mention the awesome tranny, who needs a clutch pedal.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage is only so-so so far. Center console can be intrusive to my lower right leg (I'm 6 feet tall) but legroom is great. Car should have an intelligent key and pushbutton start for the price. Not sure about the audio aux jack location in the glovebox.