2008 Volkswagen R32 Consumer Review: A car for grownups

2008 Volkswagen R32 - Consumer Review

A car for grownups
By LouisvilleSteve on

2008 Volkswagen R32 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Just got the R32 and can't wait to drive it every morning. In the past I have owned a 2002 WRX and a 2004 STI. The WRX was a fun zippy car to drive and the STI was a very serious brute that has incredible performance, but my passengers hated it always complaining about how uncomfortable it was. To me the R32 is the perfect blend of the two. This car is a pleasure. I enjoy every moment that I am in it. It is much more comfortable then the older Subarus and still has the performance edge that I require. The DSG transmission is as good as the hype and really makes this a practical and fun to drive car. For me this is the perfect everyday driver

DSG, DSG, DSG European ride and interior style. Great exhaust note. Awesome highway acceleration. Hatchback practicality. Stealth appearance (I donít look like a middle aged man in mid-life crisis like I did with my STI)

Would love to have the four door model they sell in Europe. Better fuel economy would be nice. Economy car looks make it hard for others to understand why this is such a special car.