2008 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback Consumer Reviews 5

2008 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automated Manual - (45 reviews )
Blue 08 R32
By JRP on 08/18/07 18:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

If slot cars could be full scale this might be it. Steering is right on, just point where you want it to go. Suspension is firm but does not beat you up. Transmission is a blast with the engine being eager all the time. Relaxed when you want it to be, fun when you need it to be. Roomier inside than you'd think.

R32 #939
By HSE on 08/17/07 23:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Currently, I have no CDs in the CD changer, no iPod connected and Sirius radio has yet to be activated - the exhaust note and engine resonance are (simply put) addicting! The motor has a lot of grunt. It has a good amount of low end torque and, once the horsepower catches up, it just keeps pulling and pulling! The AWD Haldex system is great. It doesn't struggle one bit - just tight, neutral handling. VR6 + DSG mate extremely well. Fast AND smooth; how do they do it?? The interior design and ergonomics are top notch. There's a very thin line between VW and Audi nowadays! What can I say about the exterior? It's gorgeous. Very upscale/mature, but you can tell it wants to play.

First few weeks with the '08 R32
By Mark L on 08/15/07 23:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

First off, I am a 43 year old fun car junkie with a family. The Corvette has to wait till the kids leave. This is one cool car in the meantime. Looks different, lots of fun to drive. Not as fast as an EVO or STI, but so much more upscale and solid, still plenty fast enough though. My first AWD car, I have had both FWD and RWD, don't like FWD, like RWD, and now I also really like AWD. I have always owned a standard manual transmission so the DSG was an experiment, very very cool, I may never go back. Extremely linear power delivery, sounds cool while doing it to. Only have a few tanks on it so far, gas mileage is about 19 in mixed driving and no abuse since it's still not broken in.

Super Car!
By STEVE C on 08/14/07 15:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

It took a long time coming, but I finally found a car that was fun to drive with style, luxury and enough speed to keep my heart racing. Audi, BMW, Mercedes have nothing on this car. Saved 15k over BMW and got way better quality car.

R32 #2
By KingfisherSeattle on 08/04/07 02:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Just picked up my Mk V R32 today! This is my second as I had an Mk IV since new in 04. 20k miles later I'm ready for my new car. A lot more refinement and still that great VR6 motor. Worth the extra money over the 2.0T motor for the sound alone. Road trip to PDX tomorrow (with the radar detector).