The SIngle Best Car You Never Knew About
By Kyle on
2004 Volkswagen R32 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)
My current Deep Blue Pearl 2004 R32, is actually my SECOND. In between, I drove a 2005 Audi S4 with a 344hp V-8 under it's hood. I missed my 250hp (yes it DID HAVE 250 stock) uber-hatch. What can a person POSSIBLY FIND to complain about with this car, except perhaps the limited rear-seat legroom? It's faster (w simple tuning) than the Audi, has an Audi engine, Audi AWD, will stop faster than 99.9% of ALL CARS, will handle until YOU QUIT and comes with nearly all the luxury features the S4 did ( & some extra), plus it's the only VW to be built by Porsche in Slovakia. 5,000 autobahn-intended machines imported at American journalists behest for the U.S. ONLY. FAST, FUN, PRACTICAL... GERMAN.
Favorite Features
Jet black, timeless interior, w/ EMBROIDERED "R" insignias, brushed aluminum accents and heated Konig racing seats,. Audi AWD, Elec. Stab. Control, smooth 6-speed man. trans, sunroof, automatic wipers, trip/temp computer, storage room, heated mirrors, economy, handling, braking, 18" 15-spoke wheels.
Suggested Improvements
I wouldn't complain if came with 300 ponies in original form They shouldn't have removed stock German spec Xenon headlamps before importing. U.S. also added speed governor at 132, to car produced for autobahn. Removal = better mileage and 170 mph top speed. Other than THAT? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!