2004 Volkswagen R32 Consumer Review: Still, the only car I want to

2004 Volkswagen R32 - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Manual)

Still, the only car I want to drive
By Nate on

2004 Volkswagen R32 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I was so happy to have the chance this car near the end of 2004. I enjoy driving it every time an errand or my work calls me. I enjoy its superior build quality over domestics and Japanese cars. The R32s were well thought out and built for more than economy savings. I can't stand the cheapo Japanese and domestic interiors. Tuning companies are quickly suppling everything an R owner could want. With those options, this car has few limitations. I can only imagine being more happy in a M3. But the M3 isn't my style, nor in my pocketbook's range.

Low profile looks, yet tastefully accommodating in the interior and exterior build quality. Nice low rev torque and great 35 mph to freeway speeds capability.

Asking for special low weight build quality would have made this car either: 1. Cheapo-Japanese in build quality, especially the interior. or 2. Terribly expensive with special aluminum or carbon fiber parts