2004 Volkswagen R32 Consumer Review: Sporty with seating for four a

2004 Volkswagen R32 - Consumer Review

Sporty with seating for four and a trunk
By Jackson on

2004 Volkswagen R32 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the 2004 Volkswagen R32 after taking home a Mazda RX-8 and a Nissan 350Z. I loved both of them, but they each had their drawbacks, the Wankel engine in the RX- 8 and no storage and no back seat in the 350Z. The R32 fit the bill of what I was looking for in a car. The AWD paired up with the 3.2L V6 make this car thoroughly enjoyable. I drive a lot, and this car is very comfortable on the interstates, and in town is comfortable as well. Its exhaust note is mentioned often, and for good reason. I wanted a car that was fun to drive, but could carry my girlfriend, two dogs, and camping gear. It also needed to allow me to appear responsible. All in all, this car is a dream.

The racing seats, rain sensitive windshield wipers, all wheel drive, exhaust note, and 6-speed transmission.

The only problem I am having with the car is the passenger seat release on the shoulder keeps coming off, and I have had it worked on twice. I don't see any room for improvement.