2004 Volkswagen R32 Consumer Review: R32 Uber Golf

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback - Consumer Review

R32 Uber Golf
By mkenn123 on

2004 Volkswagen R32 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned many different vehicles over the years from high performance to more sedate models. From my experience with the R32 it is the best balanced car I have ever owned. It takes the curves with authority while providing a firm but not harsh ride. The acceleration under hard throttle is impressive, although there are faster cars if that is what you are looking for. The brakes are nothing short of incredable, if you hit them to hard be ready to head for the windshield. If you are looking for a vehicle that does everything well, while adding the security of all wheel drive, then the R32 is it. Oh, don't forget the wonderfully supportive seats.

Favorite Features

4-Motion! Having owned 2 Audi A4s with Quattro. I knew how much it would bring to the R32, in all driving/weather conditions. The whole drive line is just superb.

Suggested Improvements

Weight is the only concern, weighs in a couple hundred pounds more then the 98 A4 it replaced. Would be nice if those extra horses could be going to the ground. I must say though the car doesn't feel heavy. Just one of those wants always on the list.