2004 Volkswagen R32 Consumer Review: It's no kid's car

2004 Volkswagen R32 - Consumer Review

It's no kid's car
By Steven A on

2004 Volkswagen R32 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The R32 feels like a car VW built just for me. I purchased my first GTI is 1985 and I loved that car. I took the long way home every chance I had. This car is everything that first GTI was and more, way more. There are many vehicles in it's price range but none have the the same performance and exclusivity that the R32 does. I could have paid less and I could have paid more but I couldn't have gotten more for less. The R32 is VW's S4. It's that good. Compared to the Japanese competition neither felt like they were right for me just too Pep Boys/Fast and Furious. The R32 simply is so much more refined they don't feel like they are direct competition to it.

The engine is this car. It pulls hard from idle on up in a steady building rush and nothing this side of a M3 sounds this good. The handling is unreal and the ride is amazing considering the suspension and tire package.

The only thing VW could do is push more ponies from this engine. If they do it would all but make this car untouchable.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review