2004 Volkswagen R32 Consumer Review: High bang for buck quotient.

2004 Volkswagen R32 - Consumer Review

2004 Volkswagen R32

Base 2dr Hatchback (3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Manual)

High bang for buck quotient.
By Jeremy on

2004 Volkswagen R32 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Fantastic car. Slightly more refined than WRX and Evo with just about matched performance. I have to laugh at those who stated they wish it has "more power." It's a hatchback with 241 bhp for crying out loud! Just shows some people are never satisfied. I am. I was actually thinking of a 350Z or a Mustang GT before buying but this car is so much more distinctive. I think this car was only in production 1 year which I like. German build quality remains unmatched in my eyes. I plan to keep as long as I can. I get punk kid racers trying to mess with me sometimes, but that's ok.

Motor, exhaust, AWD, seats, wheels, and steering wheel. I appreciate the low "gimmick" factor of the car. With the windows down and the exhaust purring on a twisty road, you'd swear you were in a car that costs twice as much.

Strangly, the front seat release levers have a tendency to pop out of the seat when you use them. The rest of the car is built so well, that it was a surprise. They pop right back into place if this should happen and are functional, still weird. Really the only quirk that I've found. Not bad

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review