Used 2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Manual - (156 reviews )

Its a 'Keeper'
By Back2Dubs

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for over 1 1/2 years and it is just as much of a blast as when I first bought it. Best all 'rounder for the money in my opinion. Power is very good with lots of torque. While the stock handling is quite good a few suspension modifications turns it into a 'car on rails'.

Torque readily available for easy driving, superb handling, AWD sure- footedness in the snow (with a set of A/S or winter tires), interior is outstanding, exterior understated, but sporty, lots of cargo space (car can handle a 6 ft. shower door and the rear hatch can close!), seats are great!

Stock headlights a bit weak, spare tire could have been included, Euro suspension instead of US version.

I love it!
By R32Girl

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My 2004 Volkswagen R32 makes driving a fun and exciting experience. The power gives me an adrenaline rush I never want to lose. I will never drive another car that isn't AWD, and I'm going to drive this car until it can't go anymore!

The racing seats hold me snugly in place while I'm whipping around turns, and the lumbar support feels great on my back. This car's seats are WAY more comfortable than the onese that are in my brother's Subaru WRX. The smooth shifting and tight turns make the experience all the more exciting, and for people who know the car, it turns quite a few heads.

Soooo Fun.
By Best Car Ever

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The 2004 Volkswagen R32 is the most exciting car I have ever driven. My dad has a BMW 540i, and I have driven the current BMW M3 and I can still say I like my car better. It corners better, it feels so much more nimble overall. The M3 felt stiff.. even if it can rocket you to 60 in a time that scares the heck out of me. The R32 is a little weak at high speeds, but it is very good around town. The tires are phenominal. The suspension is great. I've noticed a bit of understeer though. This is a car you can fall in love with.

The exhaust note, interior, and exterior.. Blue is a hot color, The tires, suspension, and the DRIVE! Its all about the Drive.

Add HID lights. It has too many raddles and squeeks. They are so annoying. And, who couldn't use some extra power?

Sporty with seating for four and a trunk
By Jackson

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the 2004 Volkswagen R32 after taking home a Mazda RX-8 and a Nissan 350Z. I loved both of them, but they each had their drawbacks, the Wankel engine in the RX- 8 and no storage and no back seat in the 350Z. The R32 fit the bill of what I was looking for in a car. The AWD paired up with the 3.2L V6 make this car thoroughly enjoyable. I drive a lot, and this car is very comfortable on the interstates, and in town is comfortable as well. Its exhaust note is mentioned often, and for good reason. I wanted a car that was fun to drive, but could carry my girlfriend, two dogs, and camping gear. It also needed to allow me to appear responsible. All in all, this car is a dream.

The racing seats, rain sensitive windshield wipers, all wheel drive, exhaust note, and 6-speed transmission.

The only problem I am having with the car is the passenger seat release on the shoulder keeps coming off, and I have had it worked on twice. I don't see any room for improvement.

Best all weather car ever
By Dorothy Niss

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The 2004 Volkswagen R32 is a keeper. WIth Nokian tires it handles superbly in all weather conditions: snow, ice, rain. My R32 has received standing ovations from fellow concert-goers and a great amount of interest from VW fans. It's my all-time favorite car.

The handling, all-wheel drive, horsepower, and looks.

Make it even faster.