2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Manual - (154 reviews )
Awesome
By ELDorey on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've had BMW's for several years and was turned off by the new 5 so I started looking further afield. I liked the 330xi, but I've already had that style 3-series. Then I discoverd the R32. It is absolutely fantastic - outperforms the 330xi, handles like its glued to the road and looks appealingly "stealthy". Interior quality equal to (or better than) a BMW, too. I drive it daily over our X5 or Z3. Actually, I look for excuses to drive it - it has reinvigorated me and made me remember why I love cars!

from evo to R32
By rosie83 on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

we had the evo 2003 and traded it in on the R32. it took a little while to get used to the difference between the cars. the evo had the turbo that would jump you from the start, but the R32 has the power behind it to pull you through. the turns are not quite as sharp but it can handle the city's roads alot better. i like the fact that most people pull up beside me and dont know what they are getting into, while that really didnt happen much in the evo because it was a little more flashy. all in all im really happy with the R32. we also have the leather option which the evo did not offer. its smooth, safe, and powerfull in a small package.

Josh's Review
By moorejosh on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome car. Tons of fun.

Enough Said!
By VR6 Power on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Plain and simple; a rocketship on wheels.

Permanent Grin
By ubeR32 on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd VW VR6 and by far the best. VW got just about everything right on this car. The Haldex AWD and the engine combination provide a well rounded, every day driving, performance rocket. I’ve driven in STi and Evos and felt like I needed to visit the chiropractor afterwards. The R32 provides a stiff but comfortable ride. The sound of the exhaust is something that is constantly turning heads of people expecting to see an Italian exotic. The car in Black or Silver will definitely fly under the radar and "blend in". But I digress; this car is a blast to drive and is equal, if not better in some respects, than other performance coups (M3, S4, 911)

My New R32
By Kathy Reck on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I used to drive a Chrysler 300M which was wonderful but this car has turned me from a old granny driver (as my daughter calls me) to a speedracer! I love my R32!

Most Amazing VW ever built
By Scottishceltic on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the R32 for a month now (traded my 2003 GTI) and am loving every minute that I spend driving the car. In fact, I find excuses to leave the house so that I can sit behind the wheel of this extraordinary machine. The comfort, the body style, the sound and of course all of the staring eyes as you dart in and out of traffic make this car an absolute dream. If you have $30,000 to spend on a car, look no further - the R32 is for you. (Might need to hurry up though before the 5000 U.S. editions are snapped up) You may think it is pricey but just look at the included features and all you can say is "absolute quality".

Big Smiles; Big Scratch for a Hot Hatch
By Masswhole on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is an Audi TT 3.2 with interior space and a 6-speed tranny at 75% of the cost. I "downgraded" from an Audi A4. Before that, I loved my Jetta GLX, esp. the responsive, peppy motor & tight suspension. The R32 has luxury, more pep, less curb weight, stickier suspension & Haldex AWD--a good compromise between the two cars. I'm installing a 22mm rear antisway bar--the back end feels sloppy with high-speed swerving. (Factory tire pressure is too low also.) I'm 30 y.o. and the GTI is aimed at the 18-24 y.o. demographic. I now get less road respect (less garage respect too; more door dings) post-A4; people (including cops) see a VW w/o understanding its performance.

Poor man's
By JeremyD on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is quite the little shocker. A thirty thousand dollar hatch that justifies the price with both performance and creature comforts.

best car ever! !! ! ! !
By johnny rocket jr. on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

man im go estatic that we got this little german automobile its look like a pitbull