70,000+ miles and still in love!
By zmoney on
2004 Volkswagen R32 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)
This is my daily driver and I couldn't have picked a better car. I was looking at an STI or Evo about 3yrs ago, but then I found the R32 at a great price. You'll love it. I get 22/29 city/highway and you'll have more than enough get up and go to zip in and out of traffic. The seats are great, but they might be a tight fit for a larger person. Everyone loves the sound of the exhaust of course. The look of this car is great, but at the same time it's not a cop magnet which is always a plus. Test drive the 2004 model and you'll be hooked! It won't be mine however as she'll die with me. :) If you do buy one please take it to the track at least once. You'll thank me later.
Favorite Features
AWD, Auto dimming rear view mirror, rain sensing windshield wipers, seats, after market options and there's no giant wing (a.k.a. sleeper). The other R32 owners are my favorite feature. Everyone is SUPER nice and helpful. Google r32 forum and you’ll find all the info you need.
Suggested Improvements
The fueling sending unit (gas gauge doesn't read correctly) and radiator fans are common issues with this car. Both happened out of warranty for me. :( The Haldex is pricey to service and this needs to be done around every 25K. Hey, you gotta pay to play.