2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Manual - (154 reviews )
1 sweet R32
By 4motion4me on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking into buying a Subaru WRX STI, but after two test drives in each and reading as many Road&Track,Car&Driver,and any other info I could find I desided to go with the R32. I traded in my 2003 GTI VR6 that had 29,000 miles on it. That was a great car but this is a whole new beast. Once you own an all wheel drive there is just no going back. This car handles like a dream, the seats are the best I've ever been in. Cabin is put together very well and the pipes are crazy. The climit control is awsome, heated seats are so sweet on those cold winter days. I live in the central valley of California so these tire are the best. If there was one thing I would change(give me a spare tire)!!!!!

The best car I ever drove in my life.
By gemini2 on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Don't know what to say, really. I'm speechless about the performance and the looks of this car. I'm falling in love over and over every day I drive the R32. BUY ONE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!!

VW R32: Great bang for the buck
By o2bavr6 on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The VW R32 cant be beat when it comes to $:options. The cars it competes against may be faster, but do not come close to the fit and finish and standard options of the R32.

GREAT CAR!!!!
By EL TEMPLO on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Owned a BMW 3-series for 2 yrs before this car which pales in comparison to my r32!. Great handling, very aggressive, and has loads of aftermarket potential. Unlike its competitors (Evo, Sti - The Evo MR does not even have ABS! Commuting kills Evos, Sti better for track) it has lots of comfort, luxury and greater power potential with the 6 cyl engine. The alloy rims, konig heated seats, awd, sunroof, and 6-speed tranny are all standard features. The fit and finish are top notch and feels like a 25-30K car. There's more to driving than 0-60 in a straight-line. If you appreciate comfort and luxury with amped performance, check out the r32 (compare it to is300, 3-series, TSX, c-class).

we want a 280 or more 6
By cornwall on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

handling is outstanding glad I live in a area where hills and curves keep me very happy Pulling power in all 6 gears is outstanding. comfort and ride is great for a car that handles so well! brakes, just what you need to feel safe, they Stop on a dime.

R32
By BikeR32 on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

For me, the R32 is all about easy-to- drive performance. Everything about the car - the steering, clutch, gas, gearshift, and brakes - requires only a very light touch. I find myself dipping into the throttle just to hear the engine, and zipping around turns just to feel the car cling to the road. The downside of this is that gas mileage suffers as a result. The brushed aluminum look of the interior and highly bolstered seats make seattime very enjoyable. On the downside, the wheels get dirty very quickly, and the interior is small for 4. Also, the car drones when cruising above 80mph.

Better than the GTI, and AWD to boot!!
By kevbelz on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car to replace my 1.8t GTI. I was moving from New Jersey to Montana, and wanted a sports car with AWD, to help get me to the Ski resorts in sporty style. This car is Awesome, I have owned 9 cars over the past 17 years, the last 4 cars were volkswagen's. This car is simply the best I have ever owned. Great traction in the Rain and Snow (as long as you have appropriate tires, the stock tires are NOT for winter), and a 241 hp v6 engine that is faster than most cars.

Flawless blend of luxury and performance
By gvintheatl on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

A $30k Golf that's worth every penny! A month after purchase in ATL I took a road trip to Salt Lake City. The interior creature comforts and overall driveability were superb on the long sedate stretches of I-40. Cruise control kept the MPG in the upper 20s, not bad for averaging 75-85 mph. On the twisting canyon roads outside of Sandy UT the Goodyear Eagle F1s combined with the awesome AWD performance made the car feel as if it were on rails. And of course I had to take it out to the salt flats to see if the max speed reported by Car & Driver (128 mph) was correct. I was able to attain 135 mph before it maxed out at 5400 rpm. Wow, 8k miles in two months and every one has been a blast!

.:R32
By bram on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. VW's are amazing.

R32 means WOW
By Dman777 on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I just purchased a R32 and I previously owned a Mitsubishi Evolution VIII.The R32 might be slightly slower than the Evo but I have felt that the R32 drives nicer and feels more solid.Overall, I must say that the Evo VIII is way over rated and that the R32 so far is living up to my expectations.