2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Manual - (154 reviews )
vw r32 is cool
By misskrypto1 on 12/08/04 23:39 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

If you are looking for a vehicle with comfort and luxury amenities, but you just want a little more exicitement and enough speed to toast most cars on the road, then the R32 is the perfect vehicle! If i wanted to be a racecar driver everyday and try and race every car that pulled of next to me at lights and go to tracks all the time, I would have gone with the subaru or the mitsubishi, but in my opinion those two cars are ugly and have no style inside or out. The R on the otherhand has a little bit of both worlds... style, and speed. AND, there is only a select group of people that own them as opposed to other cars that are just mass produced. :)

WHAT A CAR!!!
By psyopgod on 12/04/04 17:26 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

All around best car I've owned in 30 years of driving. My advice: GET ONE! Oh Wait - there aren't that many left. Well - good luck. FUN FUN FUN!!

Why I love my R32
By VWHOLIC on 11/27/04 20:27 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the car for 3 months and love every minute i am in it. Although i live in chicago the car is hybernating for the winter so come spring it will driven like crazy.

Sprinter with an Achilles wheel (tire?)
By Stranded in IL on 11/16/04 21:35 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I would have been happier with a GTI VR6 – and $8000 in my pocket! My third VW, the R32 seduced me with its exhaust rumble, and impressive fit and finish. The Koenig seats are comfortable but awkward to get into and difficult to fold. Considering the 400 hp Vette gets better mileage, I'm disappointed. Worst of all, I've already ruined two $200 tires by hitting minor highway imperfections! The dimwit who eliminated the spare tire should be fired – or better yet, shot! After spending an extra $1000 for A/S performance tires (and a spare that takes up trunk space), I'm still not happy. Looking for potholes gets old. Anybody want a slightly used R32?

Believe the tire warning
By The Fat Kid on 11/15/04 22:55 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Predictable, fast, fun. I've been pulled over three or four times and cops alway let me go, this car does not shout out "give me a ticket " but yet it will blow the doors off alot of the competitons striaght out of the wrapper. Oh yeah, If you didn't read the warning that came with tires, do it. these thing will not even track striaght if the forecast calls for snow!

R32 Racing
By masheen79 on 11/13/04 10:55 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 2003 Mazdaspeed Protégé with 20k prior to the R32. The Mazda was a total "piece" which forced me to sell it after less than a year of ownership. I purchased the R32 in March '03 and have loved every minute since. It's my first 6cyl AWD vehicle and I will never go back to anything less. This car performs, looks, sounds and handles amazing. The Pipes with the baffle mode turned off sound sweet!!! German engineering kicks ass.

R32 IS QUALITY AND FAST!
By R32BULLET on 11/10/04 10:30 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

THIS CAR IS NOT ONLY FAST BUT IS HAS THE EXTRA THAT THE OTHERS DONT. IT HAS A FEELING OF QUALITY WHEN YOU SIT IN IT AND YOU CAN TELL IT WAS MADE WELL. THE V6 IS SMOOTH WITH NO LAG THAT TURBOS HAVE. ONE DRIVE AND YOU WILL BUY THIS CAR. VW DID A GREAT JOB ON THIS ONE!

R32 Greatest Car Ever
By seattlefitz on 11/07/04 20:03 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

You gotta drive this car! I went from a BMW X5 4.6 to an R32. The hatch is great and provides more useable room than a big SUV. THe car is super fast. The car is sticky on the roads. THe car is so fun to drive. THe exterior is beautiful. The interior is racing style. The only down side is the carpeting is that felt type crap. I compared it to the others. It looks way better than the comparisons. It preforms better unless your a cop and need the extra 10 or so HP. This is plenty fast enough to keep the cops busy.

R32
By jasonS on 11/05/04 07:06 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is absolutely the best car I have ever owned. I have previously owned other performance compacts such as the Integra GS-R, Integra Type-R & RSX Type- S, but this car is in its own class. AWD is great for the winter and the near 250hp will sure to keep you awake at the wheel. Drive one and you will understand....

My R32
By volksgolf on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Alot of people buy cars based on 0-60 times.They don't think about comfort,reliability,or practicality.Usually when you buy a car you need to commute in it.Which means you need a certain amount of luxury.I test drove the EVO and STi and they very well may have faster 0-60 times,they have nowhere near the comfort,reliability,or practicallity that the R32 has.All in all this car just plain out performes the competition.