2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Manual - (154 reviews )
Volkswagen R32
By jon on 08/07/05 04:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The Volkswagen R32 is the perfect car for me to take out the clients and get compliments from any age group and sex. It has been fun to drive and the seats are sporty, comfortable and attractive. The steering wheel is the best that I have felt.

High bang for buck quotient.
By Jeremy on 08/01/05 10:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Fantastic car. Slightly more refined than WRX and Evo with just about matched performance. I have to laugh at those who stated they wish it has "more power." It's a hatchback with 241 bhp for crying out loud! Just shows some people are never satisfied. I am. I was actually thinking of a 350Z or a Mustang GT before buying but this car is so much more distinctive. I think this car was only in production 1 year which I like. German build quality remains unmatched in my eyes. I plan to keep as long as I can. I get punk kid racers trying to mess with me sometimes, but that's ok.

Best VeeDub to Date
By Infrederick on 07/29/05 14:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first VW, but I have purchased 7 smaller Audis since 1975. The R32 is everybit the equal of any of my sporting Audis, including the 225 TT quattro. The interior has a very similar feel to the TT. The engine is powerful but a little too turbine-smooth for my taste. Acceleration lags a bit in the lower rpm range - I prefer the 3k rpm kick of Porsche boxer engines. Even in metallic black the R32 gets plenty of attention from bystanders. Only 1% realize that it is a near- exotic vehicle. Others look at it with an expression of "there's something differant about that VW" This car is certainly the highest performance VW ever bolted together. No warranty work needed in 12 months.

Its a 'Keeper'
By Back2Dubs on 07/24/05 03:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for over 1 1/2 years and it is just as much of a blast as when I first bought it. Best all 'rounder for the money in my opinion. Power is very good with lots of torque. While the stock handling is quite good a few suspension modifications turns it into a 'car on rails'.

I love it!
By R32Girl on 06/28/05 12:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My 2004 Volkswagen R32 makes driving a fun and exciting experience. The power gives me an adrenaline rush I never want to lose. I will never drive another car that isn't AWD, and I'm going to drive this car until it can't go anymore!

Soooo Fun.
By Best Car Ever on 05/27/05 07:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The 2004 Volkswagen R32 is the most exciting car I have ever driven. My dad has a BMW 540i, and I have driven the current BMW M3 and I can still say I like my car better. It corners better, it feels so much more nimble overall. The M3 felt stiff.. even if it can rocket you to 60 in a time that scares the heck out of me. The R32 is a little weak at high speeds, but it is very good around town. The tires are phenominal. The suspension is great. I've noticed a bit of understeer though. This is a car you can fall in love with.

Sporty with seating for four and a trunk
By Jackson on 05/26/05 23:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the 2004 Volkswagen R32 after taking home a Mazda RX-8 and a Nissan 350Z. I loved both of them, but they each had their drawbacks, the Wankel engine in the RX- 8 and no storage and no back seat in the 350Z. The R32 fit the bill of what I was looking for in a car. The AWD paired up with the 3.2L V6 make this car thoroughly enjoyable. I drive a lot, and this car is very comfortable on the interstates, and in town is comfortable as well. Its exhaust note is mentioned often, and for good reason. I wanted a car that was fun to drive, but could carry my girlfriend, two dogs, and camping gear. It also needed to allow me to appear responsible. All in all, this car is a dream.

Best all weather car ever
By Dorothy Niss on 05/24/05 11:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The 2004 Volkswagen R32 is a keeper. WIth Nokian tires it handles superbly in all weather conditions: snow, ice, rain. My R32 has received standing ovations from fellow concert-goers and a great amount of interest from VW fans. It's my all-time favorite car.

Functional Fun
By BigWoo on 02/16/05 19:57 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I was hoping for a less expensive vehicle, but the test drive of my 2004 Volkswagen R32 sold me. The car rides like it's on rails even when I punch it, but has a nice refinement to it as well. I'm driving it in the winter in the Finger Lake area right now, and it handles better than my Jeep Grand Cherokee in the snow! However, I can't wait to pop the summer wheels back on and open up the windows and throttle! It's sporty but classy, fast but not furious. Even though I was looking for a smaller car payment, I still get giddy every time I sit behind the wheel. I would highly recommend this car without any reservations. If you want Golf fuel efficiency however, stick with the TDI.

2004 Volkswagen R32
By rob on 02/14/05 16:12 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The Volkswagen R32 is an excellent vehicle. The only major issues that I have had with it are the lack of a facotory turbo option, the rims are too heavy, and the car needs HIDs.