2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback Consumer Reviews 15

2004 Volkswagen R32 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Manual - (154 reviews )

2004 R32 Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Only 5,000 Will Be Made!!
By .:R32Voiture

I love this car!!

Favorite Features

The seats!

Suggested Improvements

None

VW R32: All-around Winner
By Dinamael

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

* Subtle but attractive styling * Intoxicating exhaust note * Torquey, powerful engine across entire rev band * AWD puts the power down, even in the rain * Amazing leather seats * Much higher build quality/material quality than similar offerings from Subaru or Mitsubishi

Favorite Features

* Amazing power delivery * Exhaust note so nice you'll rarely turn your stereo on * Excellent build quality and styling inside and out

Suggested Improvements

* Same engine in Audi TT makes 10 more HP....why?

Superb package!
By ahnold

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

In a word:FUN. Has all the creature- comforts and practicality in a tight, fast, sticks-like-glue package. Test drive it and you'll buy it! Only 5000 produced for North America in 2004....destined for collectibility, I think.

Favorite Features

Handling is incredible. Little car becomes big inside with rear seat down. Wonderful engine and exhaust note.

Nice car
By Severiano Rosales

I really love this car

Favorite Features

Duol exhaust, and the lites interior and exterior

Suggested Improvements

needs to be faster

Luxury Golf, more practical than a TT
By vdub69

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Since I've only had this car for almost a week, reliability and quality is not a question that can be answered yet. For this reason, I'm giving it a neutral rating. After 100,000 miles I'll let you know how reliable it was and how it holds together. I bought this car partly because I see it as a more practical(and less costly) version of the Audi TT. All-wheel drive (4-motion), similar engine, similar chassis, great stereo, great interior. This is a luxury car in Golf hatchback clothing. Automatic climate control seems to be working great.

Favorite Features

The rain sensor wipers which slow down or speed up with the intensity of the rain. Seat side bolsters on the optional leather seats feel great on the drive home from work. The leather steering wheel is the "Best". The tuned exhaust sounds great!

Suggested Improvements

This is my opinion, but I think I would rather have four 17-inch rims and a 17- inch rim with a full size spare tire (which come in regular GTI's)than four 18-inch rims with no spare tire. Instead of a spare tire, you get a small electric air pump and liquid tire repair.

CMR Review
By crule

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I purchasd the R32 one week ago, after seeing it actually make it to the dealers. I traded a 2003 GTI VR6 for it and I'm very happy I did. This is one fantastic performance car. The ride is a little stiffer than the vr6, but not a great deal. Turn-in is amazing and in- gear accelleration is like nothing I've ever experienced. I'm very happy that I've paid up for this car. I look forward to taking it to work every day.

i love this car
By Justin F

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

this is an exciting car to drive fast i love the way it handles corners a high speeds

Favorite Features

i love the 4 motion it is a great feature

Suggested Improvements

they need to stiffen the suspention and it neeeds strut tower supports from the factory

King of the GTI
By Bryans GTI

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I must say Bravo! If you love performance, Then you have to try this wicked dream to drive. Just try to push the limits all wheel drive and Yul be left a little shaken but not stirred.

Favorite Features

Loving those seats and the sweet exhaust tone.

Suggested Improvements

Rims other then that used on the anniversary edition GTI

R32
By Hotvwcurves

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

pictures dont do the R32 justice, and she is well worth the price difference between the GTI (6K) for AWD, sport suspention a 3.2l vr6 6sp, naturally aspirated and had awesome potential for car builders, without having to worry about traction... engine pulls even all the way through, and the additional styling inside and out is flashy without getting you pulled over;)

Favorite Features

konig sports seats,heated, 18" OZ light weight wheels preformance; paint and potential

Suggested Improvements

yes they should've gotteb it here, sooner!

HOT HATCH!!
By Smark A Myth

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I got to drive one of these yesterday and, truth be told, the car was sold as soon as I heard the exhaust note. This will be my forth GTI (84,96,01,04) and my third VR6. I had gotten used to the power and wanted something faster for a while, but could not justify spending the extra $$ on a BMW. This car has everything the 330Ci does, plus all- wheel drive and it is $20K less!!

Favorite Features

Finally, they put some real sport seats in a GTI!!!

Suggested Improvements

Still more power!! :-)