2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Manual - (154 reviews )
smitten by the R32
By 564651 on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

What an awesome car. I cannot think of one negative thing about it. My former car is a 2001 subaru RS.And comparitively speaking the ergonomics and fit and finish of the vw is vastly superior. It is an autobahn ready german rocketship.

Super fun car!
By afroloop on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Well, I just got mine and it is not broken in yet so I haven't really been able to drive it hard. It is a beautiful car though, very comfrotable to drive and the exhaust sounds very nice for stock. I usually change the exhaust on my VW's but I will keep this one as it is as it sounds really nice. Even in the non-broken in stage it is very quick even keeping it below 5KRPM.

Why two seater when you can have this!!!
By Rocking Ronny on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a joy to drive, plenty of excelaration,great handling and dynamite looks. And the interior was the real clincher for me. Quality leather all controls well thought out and features you would expect only in a high end car, like BMW, Mercedes or Audi. Very solid body, just shut doors and hear the quality. Only had it for a short period of time but I'm more than happy with it.

It's no kid's car
By Steven A on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The R32 feels like a car VW built just for me. I purchased my first GTI is 1985 and I loved that car. I took the long way home every chance I had. This car is everything that first GTI was and more, way more. There are many vehicles in it's price range but none have the the same performance and exclusivity that the R32 does. I could have paid less and I could have paid more but I couldn't have gotten more for less. The R32 is VW's S4. It's that good. Compared to the Japanese competition neither felt like they were right for me just too Pep Boys/Fast and Furious. The R32 simply is so much more refined they don't feel like they are direct competition to it.

GTI R32
By VWR32 on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is incredible, you can not find a better all around package, performance, handling, features, AWD, and that awesome sound! VW has done an excellent job here. I encourage anyone interested in this car to get one while they are available. There are not many cars that will put this kind of a smile on your face every time you drive it!

WOW
By TBW on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Test drove it and knew from the start it would be the car I would buy. I am a big fan of the WRX STI but the R32 has been a great alternative. This car does not have to try to be cool. It has everything you want in a car. Too get to the point this car does everything. It may not be the fastest or the most luxurious but it does a damn good job of coming real close. The next time you see one and wonder if it is as nice as you think.......you are right!

Super bunny comes to US
By DJCampy on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

About a year ago I was all set to purchase a WRX, until I drove it. Low quality interior, paint and turbo lag left me feeling flat. Don't get me wrong it's a nice car but not nice enough. It wasn't so much beter than my 1998 Jetta GT that I couldn't justify the $26k. My buddy (who has a 2001.5 GTI VR6 which I liked a lot but it was front wheel drive) told me about the R32 and gave me some european mags covering the car and I was immediately sold. I went down to the dealership and put down the deposit and began my wait. Six months later I took delivery of my black R32. I took it easy on the car for the first 1k miles (to break it in) then the fun began.

.:R32 a blast to drive
By BlueNJ.:R32 on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is simply everything I wanted in a sports car. It feels rock solid and just goes where you point it. The new independant rear suspension was a great move. Great acceleration in every geary. Gearbox is much better than any other VW I have owned. Race inspired seats fit like a glove and hold you right where you need to be. The exhaust note is pure sex to the ears. The interior is very plush and the exterior (WOW that blue is amazing) has great lines without being obnoxious. All of this with the added bonus of AWD... Perfect package to slap a supercharger on for an extra 80hp. WHOA!

04 R32
By Cricket on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Simple.... It is fun to drive.

R32
By vdubb6 on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

No complaints. Eighth new VW, car is everything I had hoped for. 4-motion and engine are great. 6-speed seems to be very close ratio (in 1st thru 4th) and is a delight with a nice light clutch. Love the interior. Exhaust note is enhanced by removing vacuum line which controls a diverter valve byt the rear muffler, awesome!! Breaks are excellant, suspension is just right for street use.