Used 2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volkswagen R32 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback

Base 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Manual - (154 reviews )

1 sweet R32
By 4motion4me

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking into buying a Subaru WRX STI, but after two test drives in each and reading as many Road&Track,Car&Driver,and any other info I could find I desided to go with the R32. I traded in my 2003 GTI VR6 that had 29,000 miles on it. That was a great car but this is a whole new beast. Once you own an all wheel drive there is just no going back. This car handles like a dream, the seats are the best I've ever been in. Cabin is put together very well and the pipes are crazy. The climit control is awsome, heated seats are so sweet on those cold winter days. I live in the central valley of California so these tire are the best. If there was one thing I would change(give me a spare tire)!!!!!

Favorite Features

The great tone of the pipes, seats, brakes,tires,climit control,the 4motion all wheel drive, 240HP,shifter and all the other little goodies....

Suggested Improvements

More power,less weight,spare tire, better head lights,turbo, did I say more power...:-)

The best car I ever drove in my life.
By gemini2

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Don't know what to say, really. I'm speechless about the performance and the looks of this car. I'm falling in love over and over every day I drive the R32. BUY ONE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!!

Favorite Features

I love the color, I got the blue one. I can't narrow anything to a specific feature I favor. I love the whole car as it is.

Suggested Improvements

Not known at this time.

VW R32: Great bang for the buck
By o2bavr6

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The VW R32 cant be beat when it comes to $:options. The cars it competes against may be faster, but do not come close to the fit and finish and standard options of the R32.

Favorite Features

Quicker than you realize 0-60 in 5.9 seconds, high 13 second to low 14 second 1/4 mile. Quick handling characteristics. Exhaust note that is second to none.

Suggested Improvements

More power. Koenig seats start to wear quickly if your not careful getting in and out. A real spare tire. Lose some weight.

GREAT CAR!!!!
By EL TEMPLO

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Owned a BMW 3-series for 2 yrs before this car which pales in comparison to my r32!. Great handling, very aggressive, and has loads of aftermarket potential. Unlike its competitors (Evo, Sti - The Evo MR does not even have ABS! Commuting kills Evos, Sti better for track) it has lots of comfort, luxury and greater power potential with the 6 cyl engine. The alloy rims, konig heated seats, awd, sunroof, and 6-speed tranny are all standard features. The fit and finish are top notch and feels like a 25-30K car. There's more to driving than 0-60 in a straight-line. If you appreciate comfort and luxury with amped performance, check out the r32 (compare it to is300, 3-series, TSX, c-class).

Favorite Features

paint, interior materials, performance, complements I get from onlookers, exhaust note, phatbox

Suggested Improvements

HID lights standard would be nice (can be purchased though), leather bra, factory tinted windows, (though it looks cool - offer other trims besides brushed metal - carbon fiber would be nice)

we want a 280 or more 6
By cornwall

2004 Volkswagen R32 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

handling is outstanding glad I live in a area where hills and curves keep me very happy Pulling power in all 6 gears is outstanding. comfort and ride is great for a car that handles so well! brakes, just what you need to feel safe, they Stop on a dime.

Suggested Improvements

lets get a bigger 6 and then move over wrx