2005 Volkswagen Phaeton 4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Phaeton; close to perfect.

2005 Volkswagen Phaeton - Consumer Review

V8 Sedan (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Phaeton; close to perfect.
By Rob on

2005 Volkswagen Phaeton V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Phaeton is by far the best car I have ever owned and also the best I have driven. It handles like a car half its size and the interior room and comfort is outstanding. Dry roads, wet ones, snow... it does not matter this car handles it all. Think your front wheel drive is good enough for the north country? Try ALL WHEEL... There is just no comparison. This car takes me back to when I would experiment under the hood or with a new sound system. All those times I was trying to achieve something realy special... well, they call it a Phaeton! This one has it all superior comfort. There is no seat that conforms to your body like this one. Power, adjustable shift points, it all adds up to near perfect.

Favorite Features

My favorite features include the incredible adjusting seat with heat and air conditioning. The transmission that allows manual shifts, or sport shift mode is superb. The all wheel drive is flawless. The back seat room is like a limo. Clients love it. Not to mention the heat, air and massage in back.

Suggested Improvements

My improvements are few. The power curve on this v8 drops off rapidly around 4800 rpm. It responds much smoother backing off the accelerator just a bit. Needs the ablity to close the truck from inside since it is easy to hit it open on the key tag by mistake. Give me the diesel! Gas mileage is weak.