Best Car Ever
By David Cowan on
2005 Volkswagen Phaeton W12 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 5A)
After one year of considering buying the Phaeton, I finally decided to actually purchase a W12 Phaeton. It now has 1000 miles on it and I find absolutely no problems with it. Sure, I wish it had a DVD navigation and a phone, but still it is a very well built car. The fit and finish exceeds all other cars I've owned. The paint finish is superior to all cars I've purchased under $120,000. This car needs to be advertised more as its destiny is uncertain. No matter what happens, this car will always get attention. Everyone that sees it wants to have a closer look and they have a fit over it. While you still can, buy one. It is a great car that is so underrated.
Favorite Features
Wood grain panels that open up to expose air vents when needed. Very quiet car with super soft and comfortable ride especially on interstates. STEREO is this car's best feature as the sound quality is awesome. The W12 is very strong in the power dept. So much superior engineering went into this.
Suggested Improvements
Needs a DVD navigation system and a phone. The car comes phone ready , but VW has no phone for it. Too many warning signals such as "fasten seat belt" chimes and "lights on" signals. I wish these could be turned off by the owner. Should have come with keyless start.