2005 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Phaeton model:
What a luxury and craftmanship
By JLM_CA on 05/24/05 17:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Volkswagen Phaeton is a dream machine, very well thought and executed. BMW and Mercedes need to look at Phaeton's interior and learn what luxury is all about. If you drive the car, you will buy it!. Don't bother driving the BMW 740 or Mercedes-Benz S500; technologically they are not even comparable. The sound system (upgrade via DSP system) is the best on the planet on a car. It is like a disco in there.

Best of the bunch
By drlink on 05/12/05 14:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Drive any other car in this category - BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc. If you can get past the marquee, you will realize that the Volkswagen Phaeton V8 is the best put together vehicle of the bunch. it has perfect fit and finish and comfort on long trips like none other. I hope they don't pull the plug on this fine car.

My VW
By Jack Gordon on 05/01/05 14:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Prior to my purchase of the VW Phaeton, I have owned Bentleys, Rolls Royces, Mercedes, Lexus, and just about all of the other luxury cars made. I must say that in my opinion the VW Phaeton is as good or better than any of the others. The only faults that I can find are in the poor gas mileage, and the fact that the grill does not specify "Phaeton." I find it a delight to drive, localy or on a trip.

best car I ever owned
By walter oechsle on 04/02/05 11:59 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan W12 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 5A)

I have owned many luxury and sports cars over the last 20 years. The Phaeton is clearly the best by a substantial margin. The fact that it carries the VW badge should not be a deterrent for true car lovers and afficionados.

A nice all around cruiser.
By Stew Tetreault on 03/14/05 20:21 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan W12 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 5A)

This car has all one could want in a cruising car. I bought it for long trips on the freeway and trips into NYC and Boston. The suspension is wonderful and with the W12, the car can get out of its own way also. As someone who races GT cars in 2 professional series, this is a great car for what it's meant to be. A nice street car with ample power, predictable handling, and the best interior space I been in.

Phaeton
By F Dohring on 03/14/05 07:15 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Have had Jaguars, Cadillacs...the Phaeton is the best car I have ever owned. Creature comforts, toys, ride are all exceptional.

Fun driving a brilliant non pompous LUXO
By negro_verdad@yahoo.c on 03/12/05 10:50 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Man, I love this car! It's like having my own unique, high class, high luxury, smooth riding, stunning, powerful and comfy, high tech, secret amusement park. Though I was attracted to the Phaeton because of itís ironic non- pretentious and technology, I called myself getting a high-end sedan, that would be my little secret. Wrong!! I canít go anywhere (particularly after leaving the car wash) without causing a mob. People are blown away by this car. Iíve had small crowds gather around at stop lights. Neighbors walk up and look inside with mystified envy.

Really like the car
By Modestojohn on 03/05/05 11:56 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Well made performance sedan, drives on freeway better than the Audi A8. Very stable, comfortable highway sedan with AWD.

King of the road
By waveskipper on 03/03/05 00:42 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Ride on clouds when you select the hydraulic suspension in "comfort" - Ride like a TT when in "sport". Amazing, "as you like it" ride for a car of this size and weight. Moves like an arrow, I love the quietness and the stereo. Luxurious but with taste. It makes you feel great to be in it. They thought of everything... Drivers slow down and don't pass you on the freeway so that they can look at the car.

memory
By rodger on 03/02/05 23:00 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car is wonderful. It is good looking and fun to drive. The radio is one of the best I have ever had and it is not the best one offered by VW. One feels like a king on the inside of the car, fine leather and very well done real wood trim.