Used 2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton - Consumer Reviews

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan

View reviews for a specific Phaeton model:

Phaeton WILL NOT DISSAPOINT!!!!
By Chris K.

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Finest car I have ever driven (LS400,Beemers, A8, Jags better look out). Certainly, no american and very few foreign cars come close to the personality, presence, drive and feel of a Pheaton. Very luxurious but also very rewarding to drive. Wants for nothing! World class confort. Pay the extra $1000 for premium radio system...WOW! All-wheel drive great for Massachusetts winters. A true highway crusier, very mellow at 95mph, very stable, no wind noise. Beautifully performing engine and ultra smooth shifting. This Volkswagen is the real deal. VW really needs to do a better job of promoting a true world class automobile. Drive it and you'll want to buy it!

Favorite Features

Engine. Exhaust note. 6-speed multi function transmission. All-wheel drive. Adjustable suspension & vehicle height. Interior and exterior design is real eye candy. Exceptional build quality, fit/finish.

Suggested Improvements

Insrtument panel lights that stay on all the time. Navigation system works great but display maps should show street names! Add V10 option.

Best car I ever drove
By bernardo

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan W12 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 5A)

Terrific ride. Floats along without any effort at 100 mph. Never a problem mechanically. Awesome technology.

Favorite Features

Ease of driving. Fun technology.

Suggested Improvements

none

you gotta get one!!!
By rnisco

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

i have driven my Phaeton over 4500 miles and am convinced it is one of the finest cars made. I have taken it to 128mph and it is composed and quiet. My wife, who is always asking me to slow down, said to keep at 100mph. The suspension and brakes are just wonderful. I have owned 500s and 7501l and this is my favorite. It is the best road car I have ever owned. Gas mileage is great at 80 to 100 mph- but city mpg is poor. They should have their own badge - it would sell better if it had it's own division.

Favorite Features

Great sound system, navigation, interior package.

Suggested Improvements

Window and trunk gas buttons could be in better location.

W12 Phaeton - VW's Masterpiece
By Michael Moore

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan Premiere Edition W12 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 5A)

My 2004 Phaeton W12 is my 8th Volkswagen. I am very happy with this car, it is quiet, powerful and very well designed. Elegant, but understated - 'stealth wealth'.

Favorite Features

The 270 watt stereo is wonderful. The 18 way seats are the best available in any car at any price. The climate control system is first class.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if we could purchase the short wheelbase Phaeton in North America.

WOW! "TUV" THE ULTIMATE VW
By WOW!!!!!!!!

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned many new cars since 16. I am now 35. Mercedes C, E, and S Class, BMW 7 and 3 series, Audi's, Lexus, Jag, and Acura. I also have a 04' CLK 320 in the garage. This VW is the best car I've ever been in. One month ago I bought a 05' VW Passat 4 motion to use as a winter car. In about 8 hours I will trade the Passat for my new Silver VW "PHAETON". I have never been as excited about any other car I've ever bought. This is truly the best car ever built. Go drive every other car then drive this, you will be impressed!!!!

Favorite Features

There is no stupid i-drive or computer mouse in the center console. The seats are the most comfortable made. The upgrade on the Stereo is well worth 1000 bucks. See is you can find an S- Class comfort package for $2900. Folks, I think VW has been working with Lexus. Try one.....

Suggested Improvements

How about a DVD player in the roof or with the Navagation system.