2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Phaeton model:
Best Car Ever
By CLM on 04/07/06 08:16 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan W12 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 5A)

I am the past and present owner of at least two V-12 Mercedes-Benz models (a sedan and convertible) and the Phaeton surpasses both in every respect including, but not limited to price.

The Best
By dubball on 03/31/06 08:26 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan W12 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 5A)

Best car I have ever owned - and that includes 3 Mercedes-Benz S500s, a BMW M5, etc. My Porsche 911 cabriolet was perhaps the most fun (in Miami), but cannot imagine a better sedan. I test drove an Audi A8L and a BMW 7-Series, but this is the car. Its navigation system could be better, but everything else is great.

Phaeton W12
By macknatt on 02/26/06 07:14 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan W12 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 5A)

Arguably the best car made. Unfortunately the brand is too inhibitive for its success. People, who do their research and are not stuck on brand image, would have a very difficult time to buy anything else. Workmanship, and attention to detail is better than Lexus, or S- Class. The exterior is the only weak element, as it is rather plain. But in my case I am glad to go anywhere "in cognito". Otherwise, the road manners are second to none. The car is glued to the road, the ride is comfortable and there is always plenty of smooth power. The interior is quite as can be, and the wood and dash with the "indirect" climate system is fantastic. You can literally hear the pin drop at 80 mph.

Best car I ever drove
By bernardo on 12/25/04 12:40 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan W12 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 5A)

Terrific ride. Floats along without any effort at 100 mph. Never a problem mechanically. Awesome technology.

Great car
By bernies on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan W12 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 5A)

I have owned Jaguars, Mercedes, Lincolns, Cadillacs, the vw w12 Phaeton is the best auto I have owned. It is a fun car to drive. It is extremely comfortable, especially on long trips. The technology is awsome. The service by VW for this vehicle is the best I have ever received for a luxury car. The w12 engine is very responsive and it is hard to believe but better mileage than one would expect from a 12 cylinder engine. After 5000 miles I am getting 20 mpg on highway driving. I am simply deighted with this vehicle.

VW Phaeton W12
By northsteel on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan W12 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 5A)

The best car I have ever owned. Previous cars BMW 750il, Lexus LS 430.