2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

First Volkswagen
By First Volkswagen

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Limited Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car for the money. I am 6 foot 3 inches tall and still have plenty of leg room.Love the way it drives and handles the road.Very quiet inside the car to me.I have only had it for 9 months with not problems Very pleased with this purchase that I made from Orange Park Volkswagen. Jacksonville fl.

Passat - Lots of Room - nice accel. with good MPG
By Casey Fitzpatrick

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Previous vehicles: 2003 Toyota Corolla, 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe.
Current vehicles: 2014 Nissan Rogue (CVT transmission).

I bought this car with about 5k mi on it. The turbo is great, combined with the 1.8L to give you decent pickup and still have great gas mileage. We put our two little ones in the back seat in car seats, and you could still have the drivers seat sit comfortably without being right up on their legs. The transmission shifts out of first gear pretty quick, which is taking some getting used to for me, and shifting can be a little harsh. The DSG transmission is odd to me...will take some getting used to (or maybe its the turbo, I dont know). Love being able to downshift a few gears to instantly get the acceleration you need to pass a car and mean mug them for driving too slow. You do feel quite a lot of the road. When I looked at used passats for sale, I noticed some uneven wear of the tires, so Im hoping to rotate them more frequently to avoid this occurring in my passat. I feel like I could stand to put the bubble mirrors on the side mirrors...there feels like a blind spot at times...it could be that I am just getting used to the larger car. Overall space is fantastic. I had one instance so far when the backup camera did not turn on when I put the car in reverse. The MPG for a car this size is amazing. 32-34 mpg on average for me!

grey ghost
By dale madden

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Comfortable with lots of room and a huge trunk. Simple controls. Fun to drive. Acceleration and brakes are a little touchy. This is my second VW and they still haven't gotten rid of the rattles. Going to have to take it to the dealer to see if they can fix the one in the drivers door cause its driving me nuts. But I still love the car. Good value.

My first review for my first VW
By Gabe

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've jumped from car to car quiet a bit in the last 10 years. I've started off with an old Pontiac Sunfire and G3, gone through Mercury Mariner, Dodge Neon, two Honda Civics ('04, '12), Hyundai Sonata ('11), and a Subaru Legacy ('09) and none can compete with the ride and comfort of the 2015 Passat. I'm comparing this car to the other I've had of course - the bumps on the road are hardly noticeable. The road noise is faint. The heated seats are a huge plus in the winter. However, I wish they installed "deeper" bucket seats. The salesman that sold me the car stressed, "Volkswagen, or any German car, is on a different level of comfort." I didn't believe him of course. He was there to sell me a car. Well, 2k miles later I now understand what he was saying. It's not a luxury car but it sure feels like it. The room in the cabin is incredible. It is the roomiest mid sized sedan I've ever driven.
The performance is adequate. I had a 2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T before this. I went from 274 HP to 170, but I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. It has enough power to get you going - by no means is it a Toyota Yaris though. Gas mileage is pretty good too, if driven correctly. I have a heavy foot, I drive 40 miles a day, and I can still get 2 weeks on a full tank.
I have yet to do any maintenance on the car since I hit 2K miles this morning. I hear maintenance costs are more expensive than most, but they also recommend an oil change every 10k miles. That's plenty of time to save some cash for an oil change.

*Update: about to hit 5k miles. I thought I had an issue with the power steering or wheel locking itself while turning into a curve. I took the car to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong. I noticed it only happens when taking curves too aggressively (55-60mph). I brought it up to the dealership again and it seems other people have had the same issue. The issue is that the magnetic power steering tends to correct itself if it thinks you're losing control. That just means I need to drive slower!
Also, I had an issue where the reverse camera didn't activate. I opened and closed the trunk and it worked. No idea why that happened.

2015 Passat Limited Love it !
By Eddie

I love my Volkswagen Passat, is has a nice interior with soft materials it feels like you are more expensive car than what you pay. Nice German Engineering like it . 1.8 TSI has a plenti horsepower to move it does the job done and at the same time save you money at the pump!! Getting 29-31 mpg in the city using 91 premium gas wow!