2015 Volkswagen Passat Diesel Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volkswagen Passat Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

It's a keeper.
By BanjoRay

2015 Volkswagen Passat Diesel TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I bought this car on Sept. 16 2015, two days before the crap hit the fan with the emission scandal. I traded in a 2013 Passat TDI SE, which I thought was a great car. My 2015 Passat TDI SEL has been trouble free, I average 37mpg around town and have had it get 52-54mpg on the highway. It's comfy, handles better than my old Mustang SVO, and has pretty decent performance out of engine. I don't find turbo lag to be a problem and the DSG gearbox is quick shifting and I like the downshift feature when braking going downhill. After the emission settlement is final, I'm going to keep the car, take the bribe money, and let them upgrade the emissions.

Worst car I've ever had
By Candy

2015 Volkswagen Passat Diesel TDI SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

My gas cap won't open, every time I go outside my trunk is open, when I try to close it, it pops back open and just beeps like I locked the car, and if you get your keys wet your SOL because they don't have key holes.

Love it
By Corey Miller

Maintainance costs are high but worth it with the fuel mileage

TDI 6 SPEED MANUAL
By LINAS M

2015 Volkswagen Passat Diesel TDI SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Great value surprisingly quick
Over 50 mpg highway , mid 40s in suburbs

VW should offer a sunroof for manual drivers and power passenger seat.

Love this car!!
By sparky1962

Love my 2015 TDI SEL Passat. The gas mileage is so good I wonder why people even consider hybrids. I average 40MPH and consistently get 49 highway. Comfort, performance,build quality. This car has all the bases covered.The Fender Sound system is really nice. The back seat is extremely roomy for a car this size. If there is a gripe it is the lag of the rearview camera when the car is started. But being a diesel the car should idle a bit before leaving anyways. Perhaps that is why it does that. But that is being really picky. Some say the styling isn't in your face enough, I say class doesn't need to be in your face.This car's looks are timeless & will look as good in 10 years as it does now.

Handling, initial acceleration. The stereo, the room and of course the unbelievable gas mileage!

USB input would be nice.