Used 2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Sold me twice!
By K Mac

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan V6 SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

I leased the car when we traded in our 2011 Jetta Sportwagon. I was considering the Volvo S-60 and the Ford Fusion and wasn't too keen on this car until I hit the gas in the 280 horse V-6. I have a Corvette and know what acceleration feels like and, let me tell you, this car has it. Despite some torque steer and a tendency to spin the wheels if you get on it too quickly, you're going to surprise some people who thought they were going to outrun somebody's station car. And while I'm on the topic of acceleration, keep your ears open because the engine note is quite pleasant when it's hard at work. It also has plenty of room for the driver and passengers. The back seat is unbelievably roomy and the trunk is cavernous. Yet the car is easy, no, fun to drive. The paddle shifters weren't something I thought I'd use and, for the most part, I don't. But when the spirit moves you, flip that shifter right and row your own: it's a gas. Note: the DSG seems to shift faster at higher revs. Some have said the changes are sluggish but I've noticed that it's a much quicker shift at 4000 rpm's than at 2000. The sound system is better than most, although I don't get the whole "Fender" thing. If it were Bang and Olufsen, or even Bose, it would say something about how far up the scale you were...maybe it's about volume, which this one definitely can handle. Here's the thing, though. It's coming time to think about my next car and I'm seriously considering buying this one. The residual is just over 18 grand and Edmunds says the car is worth almost 22. It's rock solid and I still like that way it looks in Reflex Silver and SEL trim. Maybe I'll go new, although now the Passat is at the top of my list. I think I'd have separation anxiety about leaving this one on the dealer's lot, though.

Most Reliable Vehicle
By Athomas

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan V6 SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

I have owned my 2014 Passat for almost two years. I took a step down from the CC which I miss very much and the only reason for some 4 stars is comparing to the CC in performance which is to be expected as the CC is a high performance vehicle. I have had no problems with the Passat. It is the utmost reliable vehicle I have ever owned and for that reason, I am holding onto her. I am a high mileage driver and plan to keep her for at least 100K although the VW's are strong vehicles that I know they go way over 100K (I should have kept my CC as I was spoilt with performance but at 100k, I chicken a little bit as a single parent. My highest recommendations go to the Passat on looks, reliability and price.

Worst vehicle I've ever had
By Smitty

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The NAV is not user friendly. When you enter the car, the media plays whatever it wants to even if your apps aren't open. The display changes from whatever setting you've selected to show that you're making a call and to whom you're calling; so if you had it set on the speed you have to change it back after starting or ending the call. As soon as the a/c was out of warranty the compressor went out. I have had it replaced less than a week and it's gone out again. Besides the fact that my TDI has no value because of the lies the company told, the car is a piece of crap.

My first VW - 2014 Passat 1.8L T
By Jeff D.

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 1/14 (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have test drove several used or certified VW vehicles in last month (Passat diesel 2.0L, Passat 2.5 L Manual, Passat 2.5L Auto, and Jetta 2.5 L Auto). I was able to test drive the 1.8L Turbo automatic - and I was sold as soon has I hit the gas pedal. It has great acceleration. After my first week of driving I was able to drive +400 miles for city and some highway driving. I filled up with 1/4 tank of gas and it cost me less than $24.00. The electronics (cluster, radio, and Hvac are decent). I picked the VW becuase of the simple styling. I chose the Passat over the Jetta due to additional space. I am very happy with my purchase. I hope to be a VW consumer for a long time. :)

Car to catch
By Christopher encinas

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I travel a lot and rent a lot this is the best car i have ever driven and i have driven some of the best makes and model