Pleasing Passat Performance...
By djefferson on
2014 Volkswagen Passat SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I needed and affordable sedan with good room for kids and extended family and looked at Accord,Mazda 6,Fusion and Passat. I also was shopping for a real discount beyond True-Car prices the decision was then left to 2 choices..Accord/Passat. I drove both Accord Sport/EX and Passat Wolfsburg/SE w/roof and noticed that the Passat was a bit quieter on the road and offered a nicer stereo Hwy ride than the Accord. I also has read about the CVT shudder and didn't want to have to deal that as a potential issue. When making a final decision I found VW was more aggressive with incentives of about $4000, rates of 0-1% and more for my trade..
Favorite Features
Room Front/Rear to spare...Quiet on the Road.. Actual mileage..So far 30mpg with city/Hwy combined...Just Hwy have seen 36.3 amazing.. Turbo performance without the need for premium fuel..but I have noticed it makes more power with super in the tank.. Good stock touchscreen stereo with HD radio/XM. This is not offered on Accord unless you move up to EX-L model priced over 29k..Heated Seats and 2yrs free Maintenance...Trunk space for Costco runs..
Suggested Improvements
Have to really think of any but, on my wish list would be :A timer control for entry/exit lighting..Xenon lights/Blind spot monitoring should be standard..