What the heck?
By pandmonk on
2014 Volkswagen Passat SEL Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
This car is fun to drive and gets good fuel economy. However, it has a loud cabin and wind noise is loud. The fuel economy is great. However, the back up camera and audio system are so slow to respond, you want to just punch the system in frustration. My Ipod cable doesn't work after two cables were tried, my back up camera takes 15-20 seconds to kick on when I put the car in reverse. Lastly, for a vehicle that is fully loaded and MSRP's in the $32K range, it doesn't come with a USB Port? Even a work truck Silverado comes with 2 USB ports. Overall, I can't wait to get rid of this car. I will never buy or recommend a VW product after this experience.
Favorite Features
Fuel Economy, Comfortable seats.
Suggested Improvements
I know my car has a fender audio system. I don't need a screen that shows up for 15-20 seconds after I turn my car on...that SUPERCEDES the Back up Camera. My back up Camera does not turn on until the obligatory long Fender Screen populates. I can't get audio out of my Ipod and VW can't seem to figure out why. The wind noise is intense when driving. The vehicle is squeeky as well. No USB ports on a fully loaded model. The Navigation is terrible. It will tell you to turn right on a street when you are literally just passing the street. Only thing I like technology wise on this car is streaming bluetooth radio, etc....but you can get that on any car nowadays. This car is terrible.