2014 Volkswagen Passat 1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Fahrvergnugen! Driving enjoyment!

2014 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Fahrvergnugen! Driving enjoyment!
By avidr on

2014 Volkswagen Passat SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I sampled quite a few --Accord, Camry, Mazda6, Fusion, Sonata, etc. The Passat felt the most tuned in. I love the torque curve that kicks in a very low rpms. Up-shifts come quickly, which makes the Passat seem like it has long legs. I'm getting nearly 30 mpg in town. It really favors soft-pedalling the gas, but has plenty of juice when needed. Handling is excellent. Seats are comfortable. No squeaks or rattles. Soaks up bumps smoothly. Overall build quality seems to be right on. No USB port?!, so I bought a dual outlet converter. The Bluetooth works very well. Plenty of room. Stickered for $27,500, I paid $24,200, plus 0.9% financing.

Favorite Features

Engine, especially the torque curve. Handling. Build quality. Better-than-expected mpg. Smooth ride. Feels solid for a mid-priced, mid-sized car. Good blue-tooth. Loud horn.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it came with a USB port, or two, and more soft-touch surfaces. And the seat-height adjustment does not move the front edge of the seat.
By ajm96
on 09/05/14 22:09 PM (PDT)

I have the exact model (I think) and it does have a USB port inside the console (box) that's in the middle in between the two front seats. Also an AUX too.