2014 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

2014 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Ausgehtzeichnet!
By 14freud on 03/05/15 07:52 AM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen Passat S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Writing this review after 5 days. Got base 2014 with only 8k miles on it. Great deal! So far, runs great. Turbo kicks in nicely when accelerating. Trans takes getting used to as "D" wants lower gears to save gas, but "S" runs more like a traditional trans. Son says back seat has more room than Honda (I traded in a 2002 Accord). Decent stereo..rides nice and is quiet.

Great Family Sedan
By bimmershawn on 11/15/14 23:43 PM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen Passat S PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I put on about 1400 miles on a Passat S auto. The overall quality is gone down quite a bit from my 99 Passat GL V6 that I had before. The car is now manufactured in Tennessee instead of Germany. So far I have not encountered any problems. The car rides very comfortably except the bottom seat cushion is kind of hard. The fuel economy is very good and you also get a large gas tank. Power is adequate but not spectacular. I got a very good lease program (around >$4K below MSRP). Great value and a solid choice as a family car.

Achilles heel: Navigation System
By pnwsteve on 11/03/14 11:02 AM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Overall good results, but the one exception is so frustrating and "in your face" that I would not buy this vehicle again. It's the Navigation/ Bluetooth/ Stereo/ Backup Camera combo. The system is super slow and locked up for me four times. Music keeps playing, but nothing else works. Volume is stuck, navigation may or may not continue. Once the unit rebooted by itself after about 20 minutes, the other times I had to stop and shut the car off for 5-10 minutes. Onscreen button are slow to respond and sometimes don't respond at all. Entering an address while on the go is not practical. Valid, well-established addresses often don't work (~30% of use).

Drives great. Features are awful
By jdp5000 on 10/25/14 18:02 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Cons. Everything else. Radio/GPS is the worst I have ever had. Often when your first turn the car on the radio/nav won't respond to commands for 1-2 minutes. When I put the car in reverse the backup camera doesn't come on for 1-2 minutes also. By that time I am long out of a parking space. Worthless. Navigation won't allow address entry for the first 1-2 min. The Nav entry system is cumbersome and just poorly designed. Remote start is also designed by a moran. You have to start the car and then restart the car when you enter it. VW-carnet is worthless. It is as though Vw just threw somethin

"Where excitement goes to die." Really?
By moreldav on 10/21/14 15:03 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat SEL Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My love of cars has spanned a fair number of years and over two dozen cars. This is my second VW. I traded in a 2008 BMW 535xi Sport for this car, which had replaced a beloved 2002 Audi A6 2.7T. The Passat has reminded me of the many reasons I am a fan of VW Group cars. I was concerned that the transition out of the driving experience of the BMW would be rough, but I was wrong. The Passat is comfortable, spacious, well-appointed, reasonably quick, and sneers at gas pumps (I drove from NJ to Boston and back on one tank of regular fuel). It is not going to win stoplight drag races or autocross rallies, but as a large family sedan, it's really tough to beat. Glad I ignored the naysayers!

Room to spare in a quality affordable Sedan.
By clintondee on 09/14/14 20:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat S PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My '14 Passat is a real nice car that actually is quite simple to operate. Interior design is classic and the exterior may seam a bit boring at first, but at different angles the cars exterior lines show the true elegance of the car. I paid 18,700 for the 21,900 sticker car and got 0% financing to boot. So for the price of a focus or corolla I was able to get a sweet Passat that is extremely roomy and just as efficient as those two cars.

Really like it.
By flbntz on 09/13/14 18:44 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat S PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Elegant design, inside, and out. Understated. Stereo is great. Feel much smaller to drive than it looks. Feels very light, easy to drive. 1.8l turbo has some punch, especially with what feels to be the vehicle's light weight.

Loving my passat
By fastex1531 on 07/31/14 22:19 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just purchased the Wolfsburg edition and I am absolutely loving it. Great handling and good power. I am also averaging about 28 mpg in mix driving. I'm sure it will improve as it breaks in. I love the interior. It simple but elegant. Fantastic value as I purchased it during the $1000 turbo rebate promo.

Did GM build this car or did VW?
By wniece on 07/31/14 17:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat V6 SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

I have owned 5 VW's in the past and this is my 6th and the last! Right from the start the back window had to be replaced because it was warped, bubbled and defective. Over a week in the shop. The Fender sound system is great but the top bar under the windshield cracks and rattles detracting from the sound. 3x times trying to fix that. The suspension crashes and bangs over bumps - going in for the fourth time to fix that! And, now the steering rack and column was defective - 13 days in the shop! And, what's up with styrofoam foam under the front passenger seat, foam packing in the trunk hinges?? Numerous rattles and creaks from the interior. What happened VW? Extremely disappointed. Stay away

Fahrvergnugen! Driving enjoyment!
By avidr on 07/19/14 13:03 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I sampled quite a few --Accord, Camry, Mazda6, Fusion, Sonata, etc. The Passat felt the most tuned in. I love the torque curve that kicks in a very low rpms. Up-shifts come quickly, which makes the Passat seem like it has long legs. I'm getting nearly 30 mpg in town. It really favors soft-pedalling the gas, but has plenty of juice when needed. Handling is excellent. Seats are comfortable. No squeaks or rattles. Soaks up bumps smoothly. Overall build quality seems to be right on. No USB port?!, so I bought a dual outlet converter. The Bluetooth works very well. Plenty of room. Stickered for $27,500, I paid $24,200, plus 0.9% financing.