Worthy of JB Power awards
By joethegut1 on
2013 Volkswagen Passat S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
Traded in my Acura TL for this, needed more interior room but still something 'fun' to drive and good mileage. Decided for the TDI, dealer's offer was too good to pass up ($24,800). Very pleased, highway mileage is consistently 50+, quiet cabin, and sport mode really pushes the car when I need it. Ergonomics are great, seats aren't deep buckets but still firm and supportive. Back seat is HUGE, both width and depth, easily fit 3 adults comfortably or two car seats. Trunk is equally massive, fits all my stuff for work plus a full size 2 child stroller. Also knowing my maintenance is covered for the next 3 years is great peace of mind.
Favorite Features
Base model is still VERY well equipped! Stereo (non-Fender) is really great, sound is clear and loud. 17 inch wheels look perfect, not too big or small, and larger tire size keeps road noise down and ride comfortable. HVAC vents for rear passengers was main deciding factor for this car over Camry and Accord, can't stress this enough. Power from diesel is phenomenal, especially with Tiptronic. Turning radius is tight, impressive for a car this size. Seamless integration of bluetooth phone and aux inputs is very smooth, nice.
Suggested Improvements
Needs Homelink in every model, not just premium. Hood that covers gauge cluster needs to be bigger/longer - I get reflection on windshield at night. Automatic 'hill assist' brake is annoying sometimes, feels like it sticks more than it should, especially starting in reverse. For black leatherette, NEED window tint - summer gets those seats heated up fast and furious and doesn't cool down like real leather.
By adyoon
on 02/10/13 14:12 PM (PST)

Hi Where in which state offered $24,000 for TDI SE with sunroof?

By simul8guy
on 04/09/13 06:07 AM (PDT)

Price sounds too good to be true. I paid just over $28K for my car and that was $1 over dealer invoice..