VW Passat - Great family car with MPG!
By nanuman on
2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I have had this vehicle for about a month now and have around 2800 miles on it. I love the great gas mileage, averaging about 42 combined city/hwy. I have had one repair for a broken rear door lock that was fixed the next day by the dealer and no other issues since then. This car has the most room to the point the kids feel it is too big. Has great trunk space and with the diesel tdi has lots of power off of the line. Nice and quiet and very comfortable to drive and ride in. Very happy with this purchase.
Favorite Features
The interior passenger space is great for ALL passengers and the trunk space is also huge. The Diesel engine is very quiet compared to my 1984 VW jetta diesel. This engine leaves no fumes or residue on the outside like the old engines of the 1980s. Really enjoy the power of the engine while crusing on the highway and the torque that allows the car to climb most hills without downshifting.
Suggested Improvements
I had read that the stock Hanook tires that come on these cars can create some road noise. I agree, there is some road noise from these tires but the stopping and traction ability out weights the dry pavement sound to me. The backup camera, which is part of the sound/navigation system takes about 10-15 seconds to come on. So if you start the engine and go straight into reverse even before the instrument panel lights go out the camera won't come on right away. But if you wait those few seconds it works fine.