2013 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: The Perfect Car

2013 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

The Perfect Car
By dale49 on

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have had this car for a few days, and it is everything I had hoped for. It is a replacement for one that fried a wiring harness on the way home from the dealer, which I'm sure was a fluke. The mileage is for real, it's built like a tank, and it's a blast to drive. Add to that the free maintenance for 36k miles and the price, and you'll have a hard time beating it. I looked at everything from Kia to BMW, and nothing else comes close to this combination of features, fuel economy and price. I would buy this car again in a heartbeat...actually, I did.

Keyless everything, Bluetooth, trunk space(enough to hide multiple bodies) legroom in the back. I have a friend who is 6'4" who sat in the back and had ample room to stretch out. The handling and drivability, especially in Sport Mode, is very German. It's surpisingly quiet, but you can feel the road in a good way.

The back-up camera is slow to come on at times, not sure why. The manual is great, but at almost 400 pages, the cross-referencing could be better...took an email to VW cutomer service to figure out how to turn the ignition on without starting it to program my garage door opener. I eventually stumbled across this info in the manual, but couldn't find it when I needed to.