Seriously Consider this Gem of A Sedan
By iceref91 on
2013 Volkswagen Passat S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
I am extremely thorough in my research and very picky when it comes to the car I want. I am a college student; however travel 25,000-30,000 a year for my job as an Ice hockey referee; I travel the midwest and east coast. This car thus far is awesome on road trips. Quiet, smooth, powerful tdi engine. 3 driving modes make this awesome to drive, while I am getting 43 mpg highway and 30 mpg city (not babying it @75 on the highway). I did replace the awful hankook tires with Continental extreme contact dws. The build design is great and you can tell the high quality, just watch for the rattles in which the dealer quickly fixed. If you want a fun to drive sedan with awesome mpg get this!
Favorite Features
I love the TDI without a doubt, this is the clear winner here. I hav no idea why some sites say the tdi is slow on the highway or passing-for 43 mpg it acellerates more than enough.....even for me I am a speed junkie! Also no other cars I have done with all my research compare to the interior....not as many features as some others but the intrior is worth it for the simplicity and refinement in it. The RNS 315 nav is surprisingly easy to use and great for guidance- I use it nearly 3 times a week travling to different cities.
Suggested Improvements
GET NEW TIRES IF YOU LIVE IN SNOW PRONE AREAS. I cannot stress enough they are dangerous in snow. If you do not encounter these, no worries. The one good part about the hankook's tires is that I have noticed a 2-3 mpg boost on the highway compared to the continentals (which I do love). Also, VW needs to put a rearview camera standard with the se with nav, it would sell much better. I personally think this is the best trim to get the tdi se with sun and nav for the cost and value you get-the sel's infotainment is very slow with the RNS510.