My first German engineered car - it's a little different
By davidcw on
2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
Picked up my new Passat yesterday and have put a little over 100 miles on it. I got candy white with black interior for $30,000 including lip spoiler, mats, wheel locks, first aid kit and tinted windows. The price was much better than what Edmunds, Consumer Reports or any of the others said I should expect. I think it was a good deal?
Favorite Features
I love the car's styling and the pep of the TDI engine. The gas pedal is very touchy coming out of a dead stop. It'll shoot out of an intersection with a light press on the pedal (that's good!) but if I accelerate slow and steady it jerks like it's trying to find the right gear and doesn't know how to go slow. The driving position is great with more than enough leg room (I'm 6'2). This is the first car ever where I don't have to move the seat all the way back. I had an SE loaner before I picked up my car and the seats in mine are more comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
The steering wheel doesn't go down far enough or telescope out far enough. The seat is very good but it's been hard to find a comfortable driving position. I hope I get used to it. Other reviews about the lag time on the radio, nav, etc. are absolutely true. It's annoying but not a deal breaker. In this age of ultra fast electronics it's a wonder how VW let this get by.