2013 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: my 4th TDI...LOVE IT.

2013 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

2013 Volkswagen Passat

TDI SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual w/Sunroof)

my 4th TDI...LOVE IT.
By chimayred on

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

i'm not a gear head but i like cars.
I've owned a Lexus LX470, 330, AUdi TT, Dodge Stealth, Dodge Durango, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Mercedes C260, couple of Jeep Grand Cherokees, 2 Jetta TDI's and a 2006 Passat TDI.
I absolutely love it.
Drives great, use it without snow tires in Maine winter, drive 35000 miles a year, getting 49mpg highway regularly, looks great, great fit and finish, great sound system.
I've already put 70,000 miles on it (65,000 miles on original equipment Continental all seasons).
I drove this entire horrible Maine winter with those tires and 50,000 miles on them.
This is easily better built than my wife's Mercede's C 260 (so much so that she wants one).
Well now I have 120,000 miles. Never failed. Best car I've ever owned. Drives great. Never needs snow tires. 50+ mpg on highway. I still trust VW more than I trust the EPA. Super solid. Rented an Altima recently. It's a tin can compared to Passat. Downsides? Expensive service if you put 30,000 miles a year on it. Mediocre warranty. Looked at bmw 5 series recently and diesel Audis. Decided to stick with VW.

• Rain snow traction
  • Headlights
  • Climate control
  • Entertainment
  • Purchase cost
  • Fuel economy
  • Resale value

• Maintenance cost

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review