I love my passat
By gtrejo on
2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I got my TDI SEL Premium a month ago. It is just great, I was looking for a family car but I wanted something that was not that flashy that after a couple of years would look dated. In my opinion the passant is very modern but yet is conservative. I expect this car to still look fine in the future. It drives very nice, at every moment you know what is happening around, the steering is precise and it has been very well tuned. The DSG is just smooth and precise. All the controls are well laid out and very easy to read. The seats are supportive and there's a lot of space for both front and rear passengers. The cabin is luxurious. It is difficult to beat the 40-48 mpg I'm getting!!
Favorite Features
1. Fuel economy, it is great, the diesel is about 40 cents more expensive than gas but the fuel economy offsets that differential. 2. Fun to drive, the torque of the Diesel engine makes this a very peppy car. 3. Fit & finish, interior & exterior look great, the Fender audio sounds great! 4. I'm 6' /300 lbs and I have no problems getting in or out of the car, the space is incredible!! I can perfectly seat in the rear with the driver seat adjusted to the position where I drive. I can fit my three kids in the back, two of them with boosters.
Suggested Improvements
The response of the audio system is very slow, and the time it takes for the rear camera to turn on. Very slow!! I hope in the future VW improves this. My other car is a Honda Odyssey touring and the radio/navi system works much better.