Exceeded expectations
By jkorner on
2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
My first vw I bought this car in July, 4400 miles and 2 trips from Asheville NC to Orlando later. about 560 miles one way I am very pleased overall. I average 30 Mpg city and 45 on the highway one tank was 51 Mpg. This car does every thing you can ask of it. Plenty of room power and great cruising range of 832 miles with 18.5 Gal tank. just be aware Because of the Automated manual trans car will disengage and roll backwards on very steep hills. my Car will not lock from the outside unless keyless remote is used. Car was 26K OTD with Tax. More than one person thought I paid 40K. VW got this right.
Favorite Features
everything especially the diesel mpg which is why I bought it.
Suggested Improvements
Put a Power seat on the passenger side, trunk lighting not adequate. neither are deal breakers. wish list items: would like a trunk that closes by itself electrically Would be nice to start DSG trans in 2nd gear as 3K on the RPM scale happens quickly in first due to engine torque. would also like to see car achieve better mpg while driving 70 mph. though i'm happy with the 45mpg I currently get.