Amazing Car!
By gilicata12 on
2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I got my 2013 Passat TDI last week. I traded in a 2010 Mercedes E550 for it. I love my Passat more than the Benz. The ride is outstanding, some people complain of noise but I think it is more quiet than an E-class. I do a lot of suburban driving so I am kicking EPA fuel estimates out the window. I get about 40mpg city and about 48mpg highway. This car also handles better than any other car I test drove. This car beats the competition. I feel extremely safe in this car. The doors are heavy and the feel of being safe is extremely important to me. The interior design of the car just makes sense. There is a place for everything and everything is in its place. This is the best car VW has made.
Favorite Features
The best feature is the engine. A little turbo diesel with a lot of get up and go! My favorite feature is the Fender audio system. I like playing my music loud. This Fender system is one of the best in the industry. Another one of my favorite features is the navigation system. It is very intuitive and easy to use. Also, I like the steering wheel controls. The seats are very comfortable. Also, the fuel economy screens are great, one for average consumption and another for actual consumption as you are driving. This really helps you keep those numbers high. The trunk is huge! The rear seats also fold down for more room! The sunroof controls are the best and it will open ALL the way.
Suggested Improvements
There is this feature that locks the doors at 9mph every time, even if the car hasn't been locked. I haven't figured out how to shut it off. I think that the gas and break pedals are too close together. It takes some getting used to.
By illa
on 08/30/13 16:23 PM (PDT)

completely agree with your comment about gas and break pedals are too close , and gas pedal half lower then brake, when you move your foot from gas to brakes depends on the shoes you wear it get stock between, when I wear my dress shoes always having the issue.