All good but the electronics are ????????
By triton11 on
2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
All in all I really like the car. I bought it new and have about 16,000 miles on it in around 9 months. My only complaint however, is the electronics. I have had the "Electronics replaced about 2 months ago and the new package is not much better. The "back-up camera" is so slow sometimes that I can back out of my 60' driveway and start down the street before it comes on !!!!! I have a driveway with a 90 degree turn just outside my garage. One day I waited about 10 seconds for the camera to come on, nothing happened, so I looked in my rear view mirrors and began backing out while glancing down at the screen and just as I backed into a truck in my driveway, the camera came on ... $1,000 !!!!!
Favorite Features
Mileage, handling are very favorable.
Suggested Improvements
The electronics like the 'Rear Camera" are so slow it has caused and Accident already. Also, the Navigation System is 5 years behind my other vehicles. You almost always have to pull off the road to use it because you have to push far, far too many buttons to get it to do what you want it to do. (My $100 Garmin is quicker and far, far safer to operate while driving. Safety is ??????????? - there is a warning screen but who wants to pull off the road every time you need directions ?) Also, I just checked my tires today and all were 4 to 5 pounds low - and the tire pressure "gauge/warning system" was set up but did nothing to warn me. All of my other cars have far better pressure gauges.
By jrgoodman
on 01/21/14 19:42 PM (PST)

I so badly wish I could "do over" my car purchase. This car is not only WAY behind in electronics but also a rattle box. I have had more rattle problems in this car than I ever had in my 2011 Ford Fusion company car with 70,000 miles.

By mikey1sdf
on 01/19/14 10:12 AM (PST)

I agree electronics are laughable they are so slow to react to even the simplest inputs! Lousy response time from NAV to camera to radio channel changes!

By brian_h
on 03/31/14 12:18 PM (PDT)

I agree the camera is way to slow to be the reliable safety feature that it is intended to be. I would be shocked to find out that no one has been hurt as a result of the camera not starting up fast enough.