2013 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: 2013 Owner manual Errors

2013 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

2013 Volkswagen Passat

2013 Owner manual Errors
By mikewlv on

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I am disappointed in Volkswagens Customer Service and Support.

One of the features that was important to me was the Rear Backup Assist and Park Distance Sound Alert.

During my demo I was shown the operation of the rear camera, the salesman walked in back of the vehicle. The camera worked camera, but no sound alert. When I asked, I was told it probably needed to be turned on in the setup menu.

I check the manual at home and on page 217 it does show a picture of a sound on/off soft key. When I call WV they to told me it is not available, even through it is listed as available on their web-site.

When they make an error in their manual as to functionality of a feature in their vehicle they should stand behind their product. When I advised their CEO and Senior Management that this feature was missing and important, and I would pay a portion of the cost to have it now installed, they just blew me off. They admitted that the manual is in error and acknowledge that the feature is available as a accessory, but said that even though it was not offered to me during purchase, that they are not responsible for their errors in misinformation in their documentation!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review