2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Volkswagen Passat S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Bland Car
By happy163 on 01/04/15 02:22 AM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

So i got this Passat because I was upside down on my truck trade in by 12k. It was a lease and I thought the Passat would be a good car because they were so well built in the past. Well the car was extremely big for a single guy 5'10 180lbs. The back seat was huge. This car was for a family. The front suspension was too bouncy and the car just floated along like a Buick. The 2.5 liter engine was weirdly displaced, it only had a 5 cylinder. The power was meh, and the MPGs were nothing to brag about. I've had a few BMWs and VWs before this car and the German Engineering was almost non existence in this vehicle. Very disappointing.

Nice car
By bullis1 on 12/24/14 12:41 PM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan V6 SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

Good overall car, gets good mpg on the highway 30+ with the VR6. Fender sound system real good. No Xenon lighlights on a car that cost $36k. Navigation is extremely slow. Trunk extremely deep.

First Impressions
By jmciii on 08/22/14 16:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

First off, let me say I'v only had my 2013 Passat S for about three weeks, so don't expect any reliability reviews. But as regards my driving and build quality, well, read on. Yes, mine is the base model. Do I feel underwhelmed? No. The Passat S drives and handles just fine for basic family driving. Plenty of pep, smooth ride, and the "S"port gear when you need the extra oomph. So smooth is the ride that its easy to speed without knowing it. The interior is laid out cleanly and with all controls easily reached. LOVE the Bluetooth capability. Front seats are every comfortable. Huge leg room in back. And wow, what a trunk. I don't know how VW did it. Just wish the gas mileage were better.

new to me cpo passat 2.5 s
By tunisjs on 06/20/14 11:50 AM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

i traded my cpo benz glk for a passat s. i wanted german driving at lower cost. i found it. i tested automatics jetta and passat, 2.5, 1.8 and diesel. the 1.8 really livens up the jetta, passat not so much. diesel with dsg is sluggish in town and costly at 40k service. i was most pleasantly surprised by the passat 2.5. not alot of driving difference with passat 1.8, $4k cheaper (both cpo), 2.5 online reputation is bullet proof while 1.8 is too new, i prefer cloth to fake leather seats. my 2.5 gave me 27mpg suburban dc area and 38mpg i95 and i64 dc to va bch, at or just above speed limits, hand calculated, almost unbelievable. my advice: try the passat in 2.5, great cpo deals now.

Got most things right - but one big annoyances!
By knickle on 06/12/14 07:53 AM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan V6 SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

Initially I really loved my purchase. I like the simple layout and nice styling over some competitors. The only real complaint I have is the DSG lag - which is a noticable lag from a stop [think turbo lag but more annoying] but as it impacts every day driving I think it would make me not buy this model again. I recommend 1.8L Turbo 4cl as it's not DGS. Gets great mileage and all the other benefits I like about this car but does not have a DSG transmission. If you want V6 I would have to recommend the Accord over the Passat based solely on the DSG lag. Could be me being too critical though - I do suggest you test drive a passat.

Big Mistake
By navyraptor on 05/30/14 10:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My wife @ I were in the market of purchasing a family sedan and ended up choosing the Passat SE. At first, it was a toss up who loved the car more-my wife or kids. The stereo system is awesome-the sunroof w/ its variable selections is right on, the way it handles a curve in the road or tight turns is very impressive and the leather seats are extremely comfy. At 29,000 miles the brakes started making that squeaking sound(rotors/pads required replacement) headlights are on recall from VW, the paint chips very easily and random computer messages keep popping up on the dash for no apparent reason. Just today the battery went dead and needs replacing. Trading it in on 2014 Ford Fusion SE!!!

Well Designed
By daddde on 12/03/13 07:13 AM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just purchased the gas model Passat 2.5 SE and have been very delighted with the car. highway mileage has ranged from 36.5 to 39.7 based on travel. Trunk storage is amazing. The seating is comfortable and extremely roomy. I do agree that the stock tires are a bit noisy, but that has nothing to do with the high quality of the car and i would highly recommend this car to anyone.

Compares with cars that cost $10K more!
By 65dodgers on 10/29/13 13:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan V6 SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

I just bought a top of the line V-6 SEL Premium and I am loving it. I was looking for a luxury sedan with reasonable gas mileage and had driven almost everything under $45K. I was prepared to get the Cadillac ATS 2.0T Luxury with an MSRP of about $44K. I leased a new Passat for my wife back in '02 and remembered it was a reliable car so I thought I would stop at the VW dealer on my way to get the Cadillac. Needless to say I never made it to the Caddy dealer. This car blew me away with it's price and performance. The ride and interior space is comparable to the Mercedes E350 or Acura RL. For less than the price of a base model Cadillac ATS, I was able to get a fully loaded Passat V-6 SEL

Quality German sedan
By homerkc on 09/29/13 12:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is the fifth VW I've owned and while not the most exciting, it is the highest quality! Smooth and comfortable, and very roomy. Back seat passengers are amazed. A terrific highway cruiser - every VW I've owned is as stable and smooth at 95mph as most cars are at 65. The 2.5 engine gets a bad rap, as it's more economical in real life than many of the newer turbo engines. I'm seeing 25 avg in around town driving, and 31 on a high speed trip through Texas. I shopped against a Fusion 1.6T and was certain the Ford would be my choice, but the quality of the VW shone through. I'm very satisfied with my choice.

Very balanced car
By burbach on 04/11/13 16:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Very balanced, with excellent mileage for a larger gas powered car. (I confess to being hooked on the computer's fuel consumption feature, short of being a hyper miler. Best on my 30+ mile commute on country roads has been 34.7 mpg.) The 5 speed is well matched - the engine turns at 2000 rpm at 60 mph. Very quiet at 80 mph, with 30+ mpg even at that speed. Nice radio, simple to use.