Used 2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Good deal on family sedan
By Ingrid Gardner

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Actually I originally purchased this vehicle to do a business. After the business did not work out profitably. i found myself thinking of selling the car for about a min. After really thinking about the fact that the trunk room is enormous , leg room in front and rear are adequate road for someone 6"4 like my son can actually lay down in the back seat. I could not part with it. It is clean bland and German . Classic lines no complications or surprises. Great gas mileage , take 87 unleaded can get at least 458 miles on a full tank before refill, Great road car . Great individual climate controls, sunroof. Can add navigation later from dealer for about 1800.00. It is not diesel so whatever the problem is with emissions complaints with the diesel you will not have that problem with this car. Plus it just looks like it will look good for a long time. I'm going to pay additional to put a clear coat on it. I like the chrome grille and the chrome around the car windows it gives it a real refined look. When I want fun i just jump into my 06 Infiniti . This is a safe , practical grown up car. I'm retiring soon so this just suits me fine. Check it out for yourself. An actually wheelchair plus luggage can fit into the trunk.

Love this car- lots of great things BUT a few not
By Ryan K

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan V6 SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

Overall I like this car and am happy with the purchase. I think the interior layout is nicer than an accord or camry. I am a big fan of the Mazda6 but it had only one engine option at the time. That being said the Mazda6 may be a better overall choice. The Accord V6 has better shifting/acceleration from a stop and the Camry I am sure will last longer with lower maintenance costs. I am 6'7 and I can sit in the back without moving my seat from the location I had it in the front. Thus for tall people, or people with rear-facing child seats this car is great! I like the simple but stylish interior - to be expected in a VW. The DSG transmission is great once moving BUT there is a lag when moving from a start that isnt great and takes some getting used to. The trunk is HUGE (I can get a large stroller or a dual stoller in there). The price was very good - I bought a CPO with 11,000 miles. The navigation/entertainment system is slow - especially the back-up camera. It takes so long that you may just reverse without it..... an improvement in processing speed of the unit would be great. Also the HVAC isnt as solid as VW's of the past (I've had 5). The AC will eventually kick in but in hot temps over say 85/90 it can take upwards of 15-20 minutes. So... overall I recommend this vehicle. The newer 4cyl is a great option as well that addresses some of these issues.

Awesome Car
By Mohamed

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Avoid the TDI
By Mark S.

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The turbo will fail. The radiator fan and subsequently the air conditioning will fail. The Ad-blue heater will fail. The high pressure fuel pump will likely fail. These are all very expensive repairs.

I'll not buy a Volkswagen again.

Good
By Neeraj kumar

2013 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Over all good car