My third diesel, 2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium.
By rfb70 on
2012 Volkswagen Passat S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
My wife and I have driven it approx. 3,400 miles and have no rattles, squeeks or any other problems. We use it almost all open road and average 43 mpg. We drove from Pa. to Fl. and back, 2400 miles, got to try almost every gadget in the car. The Bluetooth was very easy to set up to our cell phone, also the seat memory settings and the remote key memory. The radio and nav. took quite a bit of reading up on, but operate very well after using them on the trip. I did'nt baby the car, drove with the traffic, about 75 mph with the air on and still averaged 43 mpg.
Favorite Features
The sd card is a nice feature, don't have to haul cds along on trips, blue tooth cell makes for better saftey, Fender audio system is excellent, climate control works well in very hot and cold weather! Seating is very comfortable. The diesel performs even better than I exspected.
Suggested Improvements
RSN 510 Nav. system should have audio street name commands, one must take their eyes off the road to see commands on screen or the instrument panel. Commands at next turn are not always clear and can become very unsafe. Not as good as a Garmin 350 Nuvi { 7 years old] Pogo stick prop for holding up the hood is very old school as are the trunk hinges protruding into the luggage compartment. Both should have pneumatic struts and different hinges like my 2006 Jetta TDI has. Vents in rear center consul would also be nice.