2012 Volkswagen Passat 2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Made in the USA

2012 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

S PZEV Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Made in the USA
By plodnik on

2012 Volkswagen Passat S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

After having this car for several weeks, all I can say is I'm completely pleased. Hat's off to the VW engineers on putting all the right features into an American made VW and to the people in TN for putting it all together! I've averaged 37.6 MPG on mix of highway/street driving. The diesel torque combined with the well mannered turbo are more than sufficient for a fun ride. Who needs hybrids! Interior is cavernous for the rear passengers. Only complaint I can lodge is that the distance between the brack and gas pedal is narrow.

Favorite Features

The styling although conservative both in and out when viewed closely are all classy and not a transformer type edgy look. I think it will wear well over time. The subtle belt lines, hood flares and head light treatements all blend well together. Ride and handling for the vehicle size compared to a friends Taurus are much superior.

Suggested Improvements

More distance between the break and gas pedal, rear passenger compartment HVAC vents, larger side view mirrors.