2012 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Love this car!

2012 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

Love this car!
By scott314 on

2012 Volkswagen Passat V6 SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof, Nav (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

After 13,000 miles in six months I truly enjoy my Passat. The V-6 is remarkably powerful and makes driving a lot of fun. It has a pleasant growl when accelerating briskly but is very quiet otherwise. I have had two minor problems - the iPod cord quit working but was replaced under warranty, and the dealer even replaced the wiper blades under warranty which I found impressive. My biggest regret is that the V-6 is not available with a manual transmission. The automatic works fine, but ... Other than that, it rides and handles well, it's roomy, it's quick, it gets good mileage and I get lots of compliments on the appearance. (And the Fender stereo is amazing!)

Favorite Features

Engine, stereo

Suggested Improvements

(1) Manual transmission - I cannot see the logic in offering a manual with the base engine but not the more powerful one. (2) More settings for the heated seats, three isn't quite enough. (3) An all wheel drive option. (4) Did I mention a manual transmission?
By caesara
on 09/07/12 09:23 AM (PDT)

I agree. I went with the manual/base SE - which has been great and IMO the most fun to drive (manual is a must) mid-size sedan short of springing for a 5-series or TL - but I would have taken a V6 option. That said, ~29 mpg with the base is a nice offset.