First 2,000 miles in my new 2012 Passat TDI SEL
By jimmy2012tdi on
2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I just picked a new black/black 2012 Passat TDI SEL last week, and am extremely impressed with the vehicle. I traded in a BMW 550I (V8) that I had for 3 years and drove 75,000 miles (20 mpg). I am overly impressed with the VW, even moving down a notch from a $70K BMW. I have driven the TDI almost 2,000 miles in the first week and have an average of 42 mpg! 75% highway, 35% Chicago city traffic. At 65 on cruise the car averages about 50 mpg! Very comfortable seats, quite, great sound system, easy to use Navigation. This is by far the best car in its class and should be in very high demand. Car handles very well, still lets you feel the road with out being too soft. Perfect car...great job VW.
Favorite Features
Extremely fuel efficient! Navigation system with Traffic feature Sirrius Radio HD Radio Fender Sound system Ipod connectivity Heated Seats Push button start Great Steering Wheel Huge back seat Comfortable Seats 720 miles on one tank of fuel...wow Good looking car inside and out.. This car is a steal for $33,000...buy one now. Did I mention the MPG?
Suggested Improvements
Xenon headlight option.