2012 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Exploding sunroof?

2012 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

Exploding sunroof?
By aaronnandi on

2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Up until now I have loved my Passat. Unfortunately the events of the last week have changed my view. I was driving down the freeway with three children in the back seat and the sunroof completely exploded and rained down small sharp glass pieces all over my head and face. The Dealership will not stand by the warranty and is trying to charge me for this repair! I called VW directly and they are taking the same stance. This is absolutely a manufacturing defect as I have found reports all over the internet of other cars having the same issue. Great car, but next time I will not give my business to a company that doesn't take care of it's customers and honor their warranties.

Keyless entry, remote start, gas mileage is INSANE! In a good way.

Um, sunroof glass could be improved, in such a way that it doesn't explode! Traction isn't great. Not sure if it's the tires or it's drivetrain but it doesn't feel like I'm gripping the road very well.