Canadian Passat TDI Trendline +
By smilenacadian on
2012 Volkswagen Passat S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
VW, did a lot of things right this time around. I have a love hate relationship with this car however. I find the cost of maintaining the Passat over the top. U.S. consumers I understand have free maintenance for the first part of the ownership. At almost 90,000 kms The warranty is history. The exhaust flap had to be replace at 70,000 kms. After which the exahust shield had to be replaced at 72,000 kms or there about. I guess another drawback is there dealer network. From Burlington Ontario to Newfoundland. There is only two out of the 6 dealers I went to that are there for the customer. Five stars to Steel VW in Dartmouth Nova Scotia and 5 stars to Belleville VW in Belleville Ontario.
Favorite Features
I bought it for the fuel mileage. It delivers. Good handling in all weather conditions from sun to driving rain to -20 degrees in the snow. Nice and lots of rear leg room.
Suggested Improvements
Windows and controls, Seats, position and padding, remove the cheap crank. Electric seats should be standard. Dealer customer service. Mirror control. Wind noise reduction a must. Lower maintenance cost. Better trunk lighting. Better spare tire cover.