Awesome car, with BAD customer service!!
By ashafi on
2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
This is my first VW, and it's awesome, it caught my eye and I couldn't resist it and had to get it. However, I had so many issues, from bad dealership experience to bad customer service from VW corporate office of America. I completed the paperwork with Momentum VW of Fairfield, CA, initially everything went smooth, but the car wasn't in stock and was promised to be delivered in 1-2 days, which took more than a week, but in wrong color, plus very poor customer service, no followup. Contacted VW USA, but regional mgr, Daryl didn't help at all, in fact didn't even return my calls. I ended up canceling my order with this dealer and went to a different dealership, compromised on the options!!!
Favorite Features
Sports mode, gives extra torque and power, the extra space and leg room is good. Clear view of the road in front is great.
Suggested Improvements
I am unable to achieve the 43 miles a gallon, have driven almost 5,000 miles, with an average of 39! It's a great car, however, in order to compete in the US market, VW USA has to make drastic improvements in customer service and closely monitor their dealerships. I owned a Honda before, and loved their customer service, VW definitely needs to step up in this area.
By anthony94114
on 05/28/13 20:46 PM (PDT)

Just curious- why on Earth would you give this car 5 stars?