2012 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Awesome car, with BAD customer

2012 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

TDI SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual w/Sunroof)

Awesome car, with BAD customer service!!
By ashafi on

2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This is my first VW, and it's awesome, it caught my eye and I couldn't resist it and had to get it. However, I had so many issues, from bad dealership experience to bad customer service from VW corporate office of America. I completed the paperwork with Momentum VW of Fairfield, CA, initially everything went smooth, but the car wasn't in stock and was promised to be delivered in 1-2 days, which took more than a week, but in wrong color, plus very poor customer service, no followup. Contacted VW USA, but regional mgr, Daryl didn't help at all, in fact didn't even return my calls. I ended up canceling my order with this dealer and went to a different dealership, compromised on the options!!!

Sports mode, gives extra torque and power, the extra space and leg room is good. Clear view of the road in front is great.

I am unable to achieve the 43 miles a gallon, have driven almost 5,000 miles, with an average of 39! It's a great car, however, in order to compete in the US market, VW USA has to make drastic improvements in customer service and closely monitor their dealerships. I owned a Honda before, and loved their customer service, VW definitely needs to step up in this area.
By anthony94114
on 05/28/13 20:46 PM (PDT)

Just curious- why on Earth would you give this car 5 stars?